Jul 18, 2009

I've found VRBO.com the best site to get rentals. I've posted 3 timeshare rentals and got lots of activity. so it seems to have good traffic.

Robert L.
Jul 19, 2009

robl44 wrote:
I've found VRBO.com the best site to get rentals. I've posted 3 timeshare rentals and got lots of activity. so it seems to have good traffic.

I'm in total agreement .... I peruse Redweek first for rentals then vrbo.com )

R P.
Jun 04, 2010

buythistimeshare.com Just tried to hit me up for up front fees. I told Eddie Kilroy I had no interest and to never call back but he immeadiatly called back twice to harrass me. Avoid them like the plague!

Carl B.
Jul 06, 2010

Buythistimeshare.com is scam to me. I just got a phone call from their manager, Todd Weiser, trying to solicit their resale program to me. How did I know? Becuase 1. $624 flat upfront fee (and he said everyone charges upfront fee - or the property won't sell - which is ABSOLUTELY not true); and 2. his market analysis came out for my property (a 2 bed/2bath lockoff biennual 25th week at Vacation Village at Weston, FL) ranging from $11,000 to $14,000, meanwhile the resort told me recently their retail price was only $10,990. Even though he said upfront fee could be returned if the property ends up being sold via other venues, I have almost no confidence in pursuing any money back once it's paid out (either taking forever or being scammed with some loophole of nonrefund, so forget about it). I also learned from this phone call is that companies like that, they target people who stayed in my resort or attended the presentation and didn't buy for various reasons (resort sells such listing to them). I just can't put two and two together with the prices. Either he is totally phony or whoever bought from them is totally out of mind!

New G.

Last edited by newg on Jul 06, 2010 11:54 AM

Jul 06, 2010

No one pays more for a timeshare on the secondary market than what a developer is selling it for.

Carl B.
Sep 16, 2010

I was on this forum reading about this person looking for "an honest legit company to sell/rent their timeshare." when I noticed they we're talking about Todd Weiser at Buythistimeshare.com.

Coming from someone who have paid two different companies to market my timeshare with no results, Not one offer! I consider Todd my "Knight in Shinning Armor." He was professional,kind and very understanding to me being skeptical. Lets just say I no longer own a timeshare! And, he got more than I ever expected.

I think that before you say or Blog anything, Know for a fact what you're talking about. Maybe you should have gave him a chance.

Robert B.

Last edited by robertb1237 on Sep 16, 2010 04:19 PM

Sep 17, 2010

robertb1237 wrote:
I was on this forum reading about this person looking for "an honest legit company to sell/rent their timeshare." when I noticed they we're talking about Todd Weiser at Buythistimeshare.com.

Coming from someone who have paid two different companies to market my timeshare with no results, Not one offer! I consider Todd my "Knight in Shinning Armor." He was professional,kind and very understanding to me being skeptical. Lets just say I no longer own a timeshare! And, he got more than I ever expected.

I think that before you say or Blog anything, Know for a fact what you're talking about. Maybe you should have gave him a chance.

You paid two different upfront fee resale company scammers without success of selling and now you're telling us you paid a third and he was successful ????

I smell a SHILL.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Sep 17, 2010 07:22 AM

Sep 17, 2010

robertb1237 wrote:

Even if what you're saying is true, the guideline remains: NEVER pay a large upfront fee to an entity to sell/rent out your timeshare. If it's a good, efficient, legitimate entity, it will take its commission after the sale --- not before.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.