Aug 09, 2009

I have a bunch of banked points that I will lose if I don't give them away or rent them. But how do I rent the points without it being attached to a particular resort?

D M.
Aug 10, 2009

dm198 wrote:
I have a bunch of banked points that I will lose if I don't give them away or rent them. But how do I rent the points without it being attached to a particular resort?
Whose points...RCI, Wyndham, Redweek?

Mike N.
Aug 11, 2009

RCI points - over 110,000 expire at the end of this year on one account and around 200,000 on another.

D M.
Aug 11, 2009

dm198 wrote:
RCI points - over 110,000 expire at the end of this year on one account and around 200,000 on another.

I have seen various websites where owners advertise to "sell" their RCI Points. RedWeek has a Points for sale site, but it is mostly to sell Points based timeshares as opposed to just a one-time transaction to sell points

You can check other sites: TUG, My Resort Network, bidshares, Vacation Timeshare Rentals, craigslist, and eBay.

Keep in mind that RCI allows the transfer of points to another RCI member, they probably prohibit the selling of Points. They would also prohibit the renting of a TS obtained by Points.

The TUG forum (tugbbs.com) has a Bargain Deals section. You can probably find someone who needs a few points to complete a transaction to take them off your hands. You might be able to get up to a penny/point, but again I would not advertise that fact. Contact me at soccer1@netzero.net

Another option is to check with a local church or charity and see if a deserving family might want a short vacation, but could never afford lodging. You could foot the bill for the exchange fee and the guest fee; and make some family happy.

Mike N.

Last edited by mike1536 on Aug 11, 2009 10:03 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.