Timeshare Companies

Condo-trader.com

Jan 08, 2010

heatherj72 wrote:
It is so silly to go back and forth, i sold my timeshare through condotrader, and my closing agent made it seem she had many files with them, so im sure im not the first ever, at any rate some people are set in her ways, and so for me to keep replying to and endless pit is pointless. I sold my timeshare im happy, if your not thats ok. Again, have a great new year

Facts are rarely "silly"....

I'm actually VERY happy with ALL my timeshares --- I'm leaving in a week or so for several straight weeks, in fact. I would never considering selling any of those I have left. If I did, I would never consider using (or paying) ANY "upfront fee" company --- including yours (Condo Trader.com).

No good answer for the "Heather" gig, eh?

People can simply judge for themselves who has more credibility here on this thread (or any other timeshare related matter discussed in these forums). I'm signing off on this particular thread. You and your company have a happy New year too...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 08, 2010 08:57 AM

Jan 08, 2010

heatherj72 wrote:
I have listed My Timeshare in Orlando with Condo-Trader, and It took a little longer than expected, but they sold my timeshare for $7,200.00 Closing took around 60 days, but i got paid and I’m happy, never had anyone yell at me, my rep was very helpful. Not sure if this other person is talking about the same company, but my experience has been good.

SHILL ALERT !!!!

R P.
Feb 05, 2010

How is this company still in business? I received a call last night from someone from Condo-trader who I took off his script in the first 5 seconds of the conversation. He was so confused, he couldn't even answer simple yes/no questions.

I believe he hung up on me, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say we were just disconnected. I called back and got the Inventory Manager next. This guy was a piece of work. Anyway, he was better versed to handle my questions than the first guy. He was arrogant, but still couldn't answer my simple questions. He would reply by asking his own questions to try and get out of the hole he was digging himself. I enjoyed arguing with him for a little while, then had enough. He called back several times afterwards and still tried calling me today. The desperation could be smelled from across the country.

If anyone ever provides proof of a sale, I'd pay to see it at this point.

These companies licensed with the FL Department of Agriculture. How is it they still have a license to do business? Anyone care to answer that one?

I need to renew my number on the do not call registry because this will get old. Two companies on one day. Crazy stuff!

Michael B.
Feb 06, 2010

I don't know why upfront fee scammers are allowed to stay in operation .... that's the $64,000 question ... the Florida attorney general has shut down a couple but needs to get on the ball and close them ALL.

R P.
Feb 06, 2010

As far as the Do Not Call registry, if you are registered you can go to their site and file a complaint against the company that's harrassing you.

R P.
Feb 20, 2010

And an angry, rambling one at that ..... sorry your business is going down the tubes due to upfront fee scammers being outted on all internet timeshare forums.

R P.
Feb 20, 2010

We never endorse ANY timeshare company that charges an upfront fee in the hundreds/thousands of dollars for ANY reason .... they're all scams .... all they want is that upfront fee and then you'll never hear from them again.

R P.
Feb 20, 2010

What you need to do to legitimize your company is to take any fees after you sell at closing.

R P.
Feb 20, 2010

Because of the skepticism alot of people have regarding this company and the many others like it, myself included, I would think the company would ask a few of their satisfied customers to act as a reference for them. I know about the privacy laws, but thanks for pointing out the obvious. I also know how timeshares work, but nice try trying to attract attention away from the facts.

How can the Florida Department of Agriculture allow these companies to keep ripping people off? I have to assume that enough people would file complaints against these companies.

As a result of recent law changes in July, I suspect many of these companies are breaking the law. Here's the excerpt I am referring to:

Section 721.20, subsection 9(a) states "Prior to listing or advertising a timeshare interest for resale, a resale service provider shall provide to the timeshare interest owner a description of any fees or costs relating to the advertising, listing, or sale of the timeshare interest that the timeshare interest owner, or any other person, must pay to the resale service provider or any third party, when such fees or costs are due, and the ratio or percentage of the number of listings of timeshare interests for sale versus the number of timeshare interests sold by the resale service provider for each of the previous 2 calendar years."

I know they won't want to reval those statistics. ;)

I think they have gotten this far because they don't guarantee a sale. The money back guarantees are only if the owner or another company sells the timeshare. No one has ever offered anything else. They continue advertising the timeshare for the customer. That's all they need to do based on the contracts I have seen.

Hopefully people will see the new law change and that will help shut down at least some of these scammers.

Michael B.
Feb 21, 2010

WHY you have been SCAMMED and what to do when you FINALLY decide to take action ....

The reason scammers get away with their scams is due to people that do ABSOLUTELY nothing against the scammers. I was scammed by a product (long story) not long ago that was supposed to be free, however a month later they charged my debit card ....I closed my bank account, called the company several times and actually had screaming matches with some of the reps to get my money refunded to my account.

I then went on the internet to find Class Action Attorneys on a contingency basis that charge only if they win the class action lawsuit (this product was nationally advertised and had hundreds of complaints on the internet) .... I found the contact info for the attorney general in the state the scam was located, the attorney general of the USA and many other consumer related sites that out scams and emailed them with my complaint.

I then forwarded all the emails to the scam company ... well, lo and behold I got a nervous phone call from one of the scam company reps saying that they were crediting my bank account .... and 3 days later it WAS credited .... however I'm the type of person that will go to the ends of the earth to get my money back via a scam .... I NEVER LET UP and neither should YOU.

R P.
Feb 22, 2010

Yes they are a legit company that can get the job done but you wont know that because the owner of this forum censors information and wont let people talk freely..no such things as freedom of speech in this forum

Relieved T.
Feb 23, 2010

relievedt2 wrote:
Yes they are a legit company that can get the job done but you wont know that because the owner of this forum censors information and wont let people talk freely..no such things as freedom of speech in this forum

I haven't seen censorship on Redweek's forums unless it was a company trying to advertise in this section (not allowed).

R P.
Feb 24, 2010

I received an email that this topic had some new responses, I understand because of all the scams out there a lot of people have been burned and are now very negative about timeshare and resale companies, and I can understand that, because there are a lot of shady companies out there. I only added my statement to prove that mine was sold through a company that I am happy with. If others have a different opinion that is ok, but the fact that I took time out of my day to answer questions and then to be called a "shill" or liar is just inappropriate. Also there is no need for anyone to question my user name as heather, it’s my middle name and my user name is my preference. Also There is no need to argue on this forum, it’s for information. I shared information and should not be bashed for it. I do NOT work for Condo-Trader, and I am not telling everyone to run out and call them. Of course you should always do your home work.

Cancel account J.

Last edited by heatherj72 on Feb 24, 2010 08:57 AM

Feb 25, 2010

The problem is that ALL resale companies that charge an upfront fee give ALL upfront fee companies a bad name ... the way they can get around this is to merely charge a fee after they sell at closing .... it's a simple process to legitimatize their company.

R P.
Feb 25, 2010

jayjay, I couldn't agree more. That will never happen though and we all know why.. ;)

Michael B.
Feb 26, 2010

I agree 100% but it will never change as they are not in a repeat business market. They are very smart, they figured out that they can scam a new one everyday in the middle of all the ones that believe in Santa. Like most of us who paid between 7K and 18K now faced with a "0$" value, it hurts. Unfortunatly it is the reality and people should apply the Golden Rule about upfront trader; If it's too good to be true, it's probably because it is! People should walk away. I had a good friend in Atlanta that used to say: If the scenery seems the same, it's probably because you're turning in circle!

Marc D.
Apr 29, 2010

Ken1193,

Given your experience, if I wanted to sell a timeshare on the open market, who would you use? I am getting pummeled with the shill offers, all wanting a listing fee up front. I agree that they are all scams, but I don't really know who to go to in order to sell my timeshare in St. John, USVI. Your thoughts?

Rich D.

Rich D.
Apr 30, 2010

richd62 wrote:
Ken1193,

Given your experience, if I wanted to sell a timeshare on the open market, who would you use? I am getting pummeled with the shill offers, all wanting a listing fee up front. I agree that they are all scams, but I don't really know who to go to in order to sell my timeshare in St. John, USVI. Your thoughts?

Rich D.

St. John is very very popular .... you should be able to sell it yourself on internet listing sites such as Redweek if you price it right.

R P.
Oct 09, 2010

CONDO-TRADER IS AN ABSOLUTE SCAM. I WAS RIPPED OFF BY THEM. THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND DO NOTHING FOR YOU.

Rick S.
Oct 28, 2010

heatherj72 wrote:
I have listed My Timeshare in Orlando with Condo-Trader, and It took a little longer than expected, but they sold my timeshare for $7,200.00 Closing took around 60 days, but i got paid and I’m happy, never had anyone yell at me, my rep was very helpful. Not sure if this other person is talking about the same company, but my experience has been good.
Could you tell me the name of the Rep you spoke with? Got a call today and was wondering if it was the same person.

John R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.