Hanalei Bay Resort

2009 HBR Supplemental Assessment

Nov 07, 2009

Have you heard about the 09 supplemental assessment that you must pay by 12/15/09. Is there a way to dispute this? Do you know if they really have the power to have this assessed on us? I know we already pay a large $ amount on our annual maintenance fees. I did review my sales contract and I don't see where they can actually make us pay this supplement. The only problem is HBR has our hands tied because if we don't pay then it goes into collections - what and pay 40% additional? This is outrageous. Does anyone know of a forum or how we can communicate/dispute this?

Susan M.
Nov 12, 2009

I agree with you that this extra fee is very high.

What is even worst is that they are planning another special fee in 2010. This 2010 fee is for refurbishing the units.

Seems to me we are getting pushed and pulled every time a new managment company comes into power.

Ramiro S.
Dec 09, 2009

Yikes, I just called the accounting dept today and they said the 2010 maintenance dues for every year 1BR are $927!!!

Dulce B.

Last edited by dulceb5 on Dec 09, 2009 01:26 PM

Jan 27, 2010

We are considering buying a 2 bedroom timeshare resale at HBR. I read on-line about two HBR special assessment fees (one in to pay off Celebrity? and one for renovation of the resort). Can you please provide an approx. idea how much these two special assessment fees might run? Are these special fees common at this resort? Any and all information would be appreciated.

Jeff H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.