Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

ideas for selling Bluegreen?

Jul 13, 2016

We had success selling our timeshare using Pinnacle. We had 20000 points to sell. Last year we tried selling with Pinnacle and had no offers because it was priced to high (still dreaming of getting a partial return on the cost). This spring we sent in another request to sell asking 1000.00. We received a phone call that an offer was made and we accepted knowing we would only get 300.00. Pinnacle emailed the paper work which we signed and had notarized. When Pinnacle received all the paper work it went to the title company. Bluegreen transferred ownership and we received the paperwork of title transfer and our check. We had converted our 2016 points to Choice Hotel points so we were selling 2017 points. Pinnacle said it took longer to find a buyer since the points were not available immediately.

Mary L.
Aug 15, 2016

We used to own 20,000 Bluegreen points in Harbour Lights. We sold them through Pinnacle Resale which is the approved company for Bluegreen. We listed at the lowest price possible and they found a buyer. We closed a few months ago and no longer have our 1300.00 Maintenance fee due in September.

I wish you good luck.

Mary L.
Aug 15, 2016

How long did you have it listed and did you make enough to cover the commission or did that come out of your pocket, or did you make enough to cover the commission and get a little money for yourself?

Tracey S.
Aug 15, 2016

The first time we listed it we we're dreaming that we could get our investment back. The next year we took a different approach and listed for the minimum. Pinnacle adds $2000.00 to that amount for their costs. We made enough money to cover all costs and cashed a check for under $500.00 Glad we tried again since it was sold with 4-5 months (can't remember exactly)

Mary L.
Aug 15, 2016

What are the best websites to rent out your timeshare on?

Tamara W.
Feb 13, 2017

My mother gave it to a charity charity, to get rid of it..there are a lot of Bluegreen owner's that would buy it. If you want to sell it put it up for a good price and tell you you would pay transfer fees. I think 250.00 ?

I hope this helps. You basically have to give s them away. It's very sad..

peterw233 wrote:
I just got rid of my points. Literally had to give them away. Also had to pay $250 in closing costs and $100 to the person who acquired my points (small price to pay to avoid the excessive maintenance fee and club dues). Believe it or not there are people that want your points, and they make money off them by renting them out. Don't pay an advertising company. They will not be able to sell. I was ripped off by one. I stumbled across TUGBBS.com (Timeshare User Group Bulletin Board System) a few months ago. You can register for free and create an ad saying you want to get rid of your points. You will have to get your maintenance fees up to date, agree to pay closing costs and agree to pay the person to take care of everything. It takes a few months, but it's easy and you'll be free of your lifetime obligation to Bluegreen. Unless you want to do what Robin did :)

Helen B.

Last edited by phyl21 on Feb 13, 2017 08:01 AM

Feb 13, 2017

I think that was a Great Idea!!!

Helen B.
Feb 13, 2017

helenb210 wrote:
My mother gave it to a charity to get rid of it.

Charities do not accept timeshares, since timeshares are a financial liability, not an asset, not a "gift" and not an acceptable "donation". No charity on Planet Earth is looking to willingly and knowingly take over someone else's financial burden and contractual responsibility as their own. Think about it for a moment --- why on earth would any legitimate charity even CONSIDER doing such a crazy thing?

Somewhere in this thread I saw reference to Pinnacle Vacations. Pinnacle is the authorized entity for resale BlueGreen points. Anyone looking to get rid of BlueGreen (and also looking to not get scammed) should probably at least start by having a conversation with Pinnacle. The bad news however is that BG points probably have no resale market value anyhow.

Offering to give BlueGreen points away for free on the "Bargain Deals" forum of Timeshare Users group (http://www.tug2.net), as already mentioned above, is a viable option and a way to avoid having to pay Pinnacle. Someone who already has and uses BG points might take them for free if closing and transfer costs are paid by the current owner. Unfortunately, in the current market few (if any) others will likely want a BG points ownership at ANY price, including for free.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 10, 2017 05:11 AM

Apr 14, 2017

contact me if you still have your timeshare.

Steven T.
May 09, 2017

voluntarily deleted my post; I inadvertently responded to an older message in this thread.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 10, 2017 05:08 AM

Jul 04, 2017

How much do you want for the points?

Daniel K.
Sep 23, 2017

Ben, I hope you were able to get rid of your timeshare!! I have 10,000 Points a year and i had to cancel vacation to Orlando due to my wife having a bad injury and they kept the points. I m seriously fed up with BG now and i am going to try to let someone take over payments on it or maybe ill just go bankrupt. At this point i dont care. Maybe ill do what Robin did. Go to Gatlinburg with a For sale Sign!! Love it!!

Alex B.
Sep 24, 2017

Unfortunately if you owe you won't be able to find a buyer. If you advertise and are patient your points might sell 10,000 points for $1000-$2000. If you want it sold quickly you would need to sell it for under $500 including the transfer fee or just give away the contract after you sell it off. If you can not pay it off then default may be your only option although you should contact bluegreen and see if you can do some kind of hardship transfer back to them.

Tracey S.
Oct 10, 2017

New to this site. I have owned a timeshare with BG for many years in Myrtle Beach. We no longer have any use for it, and I certainly would be most interested in the best way to sell/transfer/etc to a new owner. Just beginning to explore the options. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Don H.
Oct 10, 2017

donh403 wrote:
New to this site. I have owned a timeshare with BG for many years in Myrtle Beach. We no longer have any use for it, and I certainly would be most interested in the best way to sell/transfer/etc to a new owner. Just beginning to explore the options. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Not an "endorsement", just a suggestion --- I would start with having a conversation with Pinnacle Vacations. They are directly involved with BlueGreen resales, so they should at least be able to offer you some informed insight into whether your particular ownership even has any resale value at all in the marketplace. I do not claim to know, nor do I have any affiliation whatsoever with Pinnacle Vacations --- past present or future.

KC
Oct 10, 2017

Ken, thanks for your feedback. About a year ago I did have a conversation with Pinnacle. About all they had to offer was to complete some paperwork, and mail it onto them. They really did not offer anything of substance. Considering my particular ownership, I just want to move on and really don't need the timeshare anymore. All fees have been paid for 2018, and there is no mortgage/loan. We just don't have a need for the property, and thus would like to transfer it to someone who can use it. In this case, money is really not our major concern.

Don H.
Oct 10, 2017

donh403 wrote:
Ken, thanks for your feedback. About a year ago I did have a conversation with Pinnacle. About all they had to offer was to complete some paperwork, and mail it onto them. They really did not offer anything of substance. Considering my particular ownership, I just want to move on and really don't need the timeshare anymore. All fees have been paid for 2018, and there is no mortgage/loan. We just don't have a need for the property, and thus would like to transfer it to someone who can use it. In this case, money is really not our major concern.

I claim no personal knowledge of BlueGreen value, if any, but for what it's worth you can always (at absolutely no cost to you) offer it in the "Bargain Deals" forum over on Timeshare Users Group (http://www.tug2.net). If you make clear that 2018 fees have been paid and make equally clear who will pay whatever "transfer fee" BlueGreen imposes, if any, you MIGHT just find a willing recipient. There are, after all, over 83,000 registered TUG participants, so it's surely worth the very few minutes of effort required to register on the site and prepare a free post for the "Bargain Deals". Worth a try, I respectfully submit.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 10, 2017 04:46 PM

Oct 11, 2017

Ken, thanks again for the advice per Tugs2. I will give that a try today. Again, not really looking for money, just want to transfer to someone who can use the property. Thanks for your inputs.

Don H.
Nov 03, 2017

Only thing about Pinnacle Vacations is that it is owned by Blue Green. I was advised by Pinnacle that Charter owners was a waste of time because people wanting to buy charter ownership went directly to Blue Green. People buying on the resale market would never pay what is being asked for charter ownership.

Ronnie G.

Last edited by ronnieg23 on Nov 03, 2017 04:42 PM

Nov 23, 2017

What did you sell for, I have 24000 pats and very interested in selling my blue green TIme share

Laureen W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.