Timeshare Companies

Has anyone dealt with Strategis Realty

Nov 16, 2010

Thinking of buying a timeshare resale and need to know if anyone has dealt with Strategis Realty -- if they are legitimate?

Michael B.
Dec 03, 2010

They want money upfront. Their reason is they hold it in escrow. Still does not guarantee that they will unload your timeshare. In the meantime, they have your money. They claim they are not a resale company. They help you unload your timeshare.

Helen Z.
Dec 03, 2010

I guess what it boils down to for most of us is; its just too bad that when a persone sighned on with them; that they wouldnt be more forthright and honest. How about; yes sir ....we will be happy to take your money from you and in return we promice to put your property on our website and PERHAPS sell it in a few years or so. THAT I COULD LIVE WITH" . Conversely, bragging and vaunting about what a great program they have; and then having nerve to say....oh we should have your unit recieving offers in four to six weeks! Cmon...get real!

Glen K.
Dec 04, 2010

Please note my original posting was Nov. 16. Since then we have moved forward with purchase which is now in closing and appears to be proceeding well. The realty company was responsive and attentive to our concerns.

Michael B.
Dec 05, 2010

linda1344 wrote:
Please note my original posting was Nov. 16. Since then we have moved forward with purchase which is now in closing and appears to be proceeding well. The realty company was responsive and attentive to our concerns.

Don't hold your breath waiting for the closing .... the buyer may magically back out (for various reasons) and your money is gone IF you paid an upfront fee to that company? If you didn't then the company may indeed be legitimate.

Keep us posted.

R P.
Dec 07, 2010

Linda1344, I am greatly interested in hearing the outcome of your dealings with Strategis because my husband has a timeshare and is considering using this company. Even though everything that we have read about it on BBB is positive he is still very leary and skeptical, especially since they want $3000 to relieve him of his paid for in full timeshare.

Monica P.
Dec 08, 2010

monicap76 wrote:
Linda1344, I am greatly interested in hearing the outcome of your dealings with Strategis because my husband has a timeshare and is considering using this company. Even though everything that we have read about it on BBB is positive he is still very leary and skeptical, especially since they want $3000 to relieve him of his paid for in full timeshare.

Just exactly how did they inform you that they can relieve ownership out of your husband's name? Did you get a post card from them in the past? How did they get your personal information (name, phone # etc)?

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Dec 08, 2010 07:49 AM

Jan 19, 2011

Am trying to understand if Strategis is legitimate. They want $3000 to get us off the hook on our time share, but there was no mention of waiting until it was sold. They make it sound like they are selling bundles of time shares to a 3rd party and we will be off the hook immediately! The money in "escrow" made me start to smell a rat. We have not signed yet. Is there anyone out there who has signed on to sell their time share with Strategis. Can you explain how they work?

Lynda E.
Jan 19, 2011

Hi linda1344

Strategis has offered to get us out from under our time share for $3000 also. They want the money upfront to be held in escrow. They made it sound like the legal title would be switched immediately and we would receive all the legal documents. From reading this website, I am getting the impression they take your $3000 (who owns the escrow company??) and you have to wait until someone buys your time share. You might want to change that word to "escrew". I don't like the sound of this, unless anyone can tell me different?

Lynda E.
Jan 19, 2011

lyndae20 wrote:
Hi linda1344

Strategis has offered to get us out from under our time share for $3000 also. They want the money upfront to be held in escrow. They made it sound like the legal title would be switched immediately and we would receive all the legal documents. From reading this website, I am getting the impression they take your $3000 (who owns the escrow company??) and you have to wait until someone buys your time share. You might want to change that word to "escrew". I don't like the sound of this, unless anyone can tell me different?

Stay away from a "deal" like this. You are right that you have to wait until someone buys your timeshare. They tell you that, after you pay $3000, you will be immediately relieved of your timeshare and its obligations. But, in reality, you have to wait until a willing party buys it or accepts it for free if you're willing to part with it for nothing.

Try listing it on RedWeek for $1.

Lance C.
Jan 26, 2011

Be careful of this one man operation, Patrick M Murray, in Orlando, Florida. I made him an offer for a timeshare, which was accepted by the seller. He advised that title insurance is not normally provided as "we guarantee free and clear title". I requested he send a purchase agreement, and asked him who provides the guarantee and was it in writing. Seems to me that the only reliable free and clear title guarantee is called title insurance. I also asked him for his Real Estate license number. I haven't heard from him since. Good riddance. PS: His license # is 638479 (Florida).

Ruth A.
Jan 26, 2011

I recently purchased a timeshare from Patrick Murray and we have had no problems. We recently received notification from the resort, that the week has been transferred to us. When I asked him for his information, he provided it right away. We were buyers and had no problems. I cannot comment on any seller issues.

Michael B.
Feb 18, 2011

I purchased a timeshare from Patrick and I had a great experience working with him. He will have good deals for sale - his company Strategis is a PCC - they get paid by people who dump their timeshares and then they turn around and sell them for what they can. Many of the folks who pay $3,000 to dump their timeshare have no other chance to get rid of them, but others have timeshares they could sell for 5-10k and yet they don't realize that, and they pay PCC companies to take away their timeshare. For me as a buyer I was very satisfied with the week I purchased - I got a great deal on the price and the product was great.

Adriana P.

Last edited by adela03 on Feb 18, 2011 03:09 PM

May 12, 2011

I see that there was some activity a couple of months ago regarding this company. Does anyone have any updates or new information? The presentation goes a long way to tell you that no one wants your timeshare. Then they tell you that there are these disreputable businesses out there that want money to sell if for you, but don't do it. Then at the end, they turn around and offer to take your timeshare for you, but charge a fee. How is it not the same thing? I don't get why they think they are different. How do they get rid of the properties?

Dawn A.
May 13, 2011

dawna116 wrote:
How do they get rid of the properties?

I noticed Patrick Murray has some properties listed on RedWeek. So, if someone sees one of those properties, likes it, and buys it, then that's how they get rid of the properties.

If nobody buys it, then the original owner is still on the hook for the maintenance fees and other obligations.

Lance C.
Jul 17, 2011

I have recently completed a transaction of purchasing a listed timeshare resale with Patrick Murray and the guy is legitimate. I was moderately skeptical because the price was so low and all the transactions took place by fax and internet. They took care of the closing and everything I was told by Patrick was correct and true. There were many e-mails for questions I needed answers to, and I always received a prompt reply. I cannot speak for sellers who expect a great return on a sale regardless of what those salespeople told you when you purchased at full price. I will deal with Patrick again whenever I plan on buying another resale.

Louis N.
Sep 29, 2011

SCAM!!! They want $3000 upfront (after telling us not to pay any company an upfront fee) to do what I could do for myself.

Jo A.
Sep 30, 2011

louisn12 wrote:
I have recently completed a transaction of purchasing a listed timeshare resale with Patrick Murray and the guy is legitimate. I was moderately skeptical because the price was so low and all the transactions took place by fax and internet. They took care of the closing and everything I was told by Patrick was correct and true. There were many e-mails for questions I needed answers to, and I always received a prompt reply. I cannot speak for sellers who expect a great return on a sale regardless of what those salespeople told you when you purchased at full price. I will deal with Patrick again whenever I plan on buying another resale.

There's a big difference in purchasing from a PCC than having to pay $3k+ to give them your timeshare .... the PCC is merely getting rid of the timeshare someone paid them $3k to take.

R P.
Sep 30, 2011

I was replying to a question about Patrick Murray. He was honest with my transaction. The sad truth of it all is when someone buys a timeshare at full price after the dog and pony show, that is when the ripoff takes place. They are nothing but snake oil salesmen. It seems everyone has a problem trying to resell after being told how it will increase in value and all the other bull they tell you.My wife paid full value about 15 years ago for $10,000.00. My brother just bought at the same property for $700.00. The scam is in the first part. Then after all the weeks at the property were sold out they come out with this new point sysytem to drain you even more. Stay in RedWeek when you want a fair deal.

Louis N.
Jan 12, 2012

I don´t understand why people think need they another party like Patrick Murray to buy time share weeks since people are trying desperately to sell themn privately at low costs. We have weeks with Marriott vacation club in Marbella, Spain and we would sell them outright for much less than what Strategis would want for them. Call us! Not him!

Ron S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.