Timeshare Companies

Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

Nov 24, 2016

In my case after nine hours I broke down and bought but I had buyers remorse and wanted out. No sir, "make things right" They dont know the meaning of the word. Since i bought I have regretted it every day since. They do not tell you everything and they lie through their teeth. This only becomes clear after you read the written documents. They make very clear how you are to pay them when you buy but there is not one word mentioned about what to do if you change your mind. For that you have to read the reams of material provided and eventually in paragraph 11 of one of the documents you see that you have only 5 days to rescind the contract. The best policy is to refuse to see the sales group no matter what free trinkets they offer. A class action law suit is something everyone here would join I am sure.

Richard A.

Last edited by richarda618 on Nov 24, 2016 01:27 PM

Nov 25, 2016

richarda618 wrote:
In my case after nine hours I broke down and bought but I had buyers remorse and wanted out....A class action law suit is something everyone here would join I am sure.

Sorry to hear how they twisted your arm to buy this worthless junk. Sadly, your story is not unique. Many people come on these boards with similar stories. However, I would caution you on a couple of things.

Firstly, seeking out a class action lawsuit for something like this is not very practical. You signed a contract with the chance to rescind. Your chances of winning anything are slim. Even if you do win, in many cases like this, the plaintiffs come away with very little money while the lawyers laugh all the way to the bank.

Secondly, watch out for the many scam artists who will contact you claiming they can sell or rent out your unit for scads and scads of money. They will get you all excited about the sale/rental then ask you for some sort of upfront fee. That is always a scam.

Lance C.
Dec 04, 2016

If this was my home country, I think a protest outside the resorts would be called for. These resorts are absolutely stunning and are spoilt by the sleazy, high pressure presentations.

Cheryl P.
Dec 27, 2016

Now there are no longer any weeks available at the Mayan resorts when I try to book.... What is up with that? Is it because we complained?

Karen P.

Last edited by karenp498 on Dec 27, 2016 12:21 PM

Jan 08, 2017

We are very unhappy owners. We purchased last year at The Bliss. They booked us for New Years week when we purchased . We visited resort New Years week last week and got suckered into their"come review your contract" . My husband is a great business but is sometimes naive about sleezy salepeople. They informed us we dont even own New Years week. Then how were we there? They refuse to answer my questions and all we got last week was lies . We asked the same questions about how far out we can book and we got 3 different answers. We are so upset I dont even know what to do. Thoughts? They tell you anything to sell you and nothing is true. DONOT OWN RENT FROM OWNERS, YOU GET BETTER TREATMENT.

Debi P.
Jan 08, 2017

How can they get away with all thier lies? We are also victims and I cant even sleep I am so upset about not getting what we paid for. Thoughts?

DO NOT BUY !

Debi P.

Last edited by debip6 on Jan 08, 2017 11:04 PM

Jan 09, 2017

debip6 wrote:
How can they get away with all thier lies? We are also victims and I cant even sleep I am so upset about not getting what we paid for. Thoughts?

DO NOT BUY !

Timeshare contracts will almost always (in both the U.S. and Mexico) clearly state that any and all verbal claims or statements made by salespeople that are not also reflected in writing within the associated contract are not in any way legally binding. THIS is EXACTLY how the sales personnel can (and do) get away with stating as many lies and misrepresentations and exaggerations as they can dream up. They know full well that any and all verbal statements are basically just meaningless noise floating around temporarily in the air. It stinks, but ONLY the written contract content really matters AT ALL.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 09, 2017 07:45 AM

Jan 20, 2017

i am going through the same thing. Spread the word online. We cant book either. lies lies and lies. spread the word.

Debi P.
Jan 20, 2017

spread the word online. I cant sleep at night because of the lies and our hard earned money lost.Please spread the word.

Debi P.
Jan 20, 2017

Shame on us for believing them. Please help by spreading the word about this company.

Debi P.
Jan 20, 2017

i asked 3 weeks ago for the recording of us signing our contract. 3 weeks and still waiting. Spread the word.

Debi P.
Jan 20, 2017

i also asked 3 weeks ago for the recording of our signed contract. They said it takes 48 hours to receive. Still waiting!

Debi P.
Jan 20, 2017

im in!

Debi P.
Feb 02, 2017

Removing post as my issue should be resolved now.

Jennifer M.

Last edited by jenniferm615 on Feb 07, 2017 01:28 PM

Feb 26, 2017

Have you guys tried to complain to Profeco? Such fraudulent practice hurts people so bad financially and emotionally. Can't imagine how many victims have been kept sleepless at night, distracted when they are driving and got into accidents. It has definitely caused sadness and distress to many families.

The following is from Profeco, the Mexican Governments Consumer Agency for complaints regarding services in all of Mexico. The agency treats complaints about companies involved in Timeshare Fraud, Hotel and Retail Complaints, and General Issues very seriously.

The complaint can be submitted in any Profeco office, Embassy, Consulate or any other official office.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g150768-c15675/Mexico:Timeshare.And.Consumer.Complaints.html

Rain Z.
Apr 15, 2017

They will only attempt to reach out to Vidanta to say you have filed a complaint....they have NO power to enforce anything!!

Anne G.
Jun 20, 2017

After 4 years of trying to use the fastweeks or sell the 20 weeks we have and a contract giving us $2,600 a week for 4 weeks a year totaling $10,400 a year for 5 years I no longer know what to do. Grand Mayan won't answer my inquiries on my travelpass ID#6-280YBL or MPTL10268 What ever you can do to help would be so appreciated. Raymond Miller 509-991-4296 huklbry65@gmail.com

Jackie M.
Jun 21, 2017

jackiem331 wrote:
After 4 years of trying to use the fastweeks or sell the 20 weeks we have and a contract giving us $2,600 a week for 4 weeks a year totaling $10,400 a year for 5 years I no longer know what to do. Grand Mayan won't answer my inquiries on my travelpass... What ever you can do to help would be so appreciated.

Firstly, I would start by removing your contact information from a public forum like this. Providing your personal info along with stating your plight will start inviting scam artists and other unscrupulous operations to start contacting you.

I don't know much about these "Fast Weeks" but I am assuming that when you bought at the GM, the sales person told you that this said company will rent out your weeks for you @ $2600 per week. Sadly, this is a common line (and outright lie) that sales people use to get you to buy timeshares in Mexico. Grand Mayan units do not rent out for $2600 per week. Take a look at reputable timeshare websites to see what the going rate is for the Grand Mayan. Some owners are happy just to get $1000 per week, if that.

And if you are trying to sell, you do not have 20 weeks to sell. In Mexico, timeshares are usually Right-to-use (RTU) which means you do not have a deed, just a contract to pay maintenance fees which, in turn, allows you to use or rent out your unit. Most Mexican RTU timeshares have no resale value. No sane buyer is going to pay you thousands of dollars for your contract. If you want to terminate your contract, you can see if the contract allows an out for you by simply stop paying your maintenance fees. Or, you can try listing your unit for giveaway here on RedWeek's sales section.

But whatever you do, never, ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare. I might have said this too late as it seems you might have already paid this one company a fee to rent out your "Fast Weeks". If so, do not pay out any more!

Lance C.
Jun 22, 2017

I read thru some of these posts and just am amazed at how many of you signed contracts you didn't want. You could have voided that agreement before leaving the property. I've been an owner for about 10 yrs and love the properties...my favorite being in Nuevo Vallarta. I love that we only pay maintenance on an usage basis and if we skip going in a year we can get two weeks rather than one. We own the Grand Bliss and love the accommodations and the staff is excellent. My contract allows me to book 8 mos.. in advance, so we call exactly 8 mos. atn7:00am and secure what we own. I will admit there haveeen times we called less than 8 mos. in advance and had to accept the Grand Mayan but on the positive side we then only were charged for the Grand Mayan fee. All and all we love what we purchased and look forward to our yearly winter getaway with family and friends we invite.

Elaine F.
Jun 22, 2017

elainef88 wrote:
I read thru some of these posts and just am amazed at how many of you signed contracts you didn't want. You could have voided that agreement before leaving the property.

Yes, it is amazing...until you have actually sat through one of those presentations. Then you will realize why some people sign these contracts. And yes, everyone should accept responsibility for his own actions such as thinking that the "gift" offered for sitting through a presentation comes with no strings attached; or failing to read what the person signed. But I also lay some of the blame on the sales people and their upper management for the way they carry out these sales presentations.

And as for your purchase, hey, I am happy for you that things are working out for you. I am happy for you that what you purchased suits your vacation needs, preferences, and lifestyle. But for many who purchased, their needs and circumstances change. Correct me if I'm wrong here but you say that you only pay maintenance fees on years/weeks when you use it. Don't these units usually get charged from time to time a special assessment or an upkeep/renovation fee even if you don't use it?

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.