preview the new redweek.com!

Wyndham Buy back Program

Forum: Ask RedWeek

page 1 of 2

«prev page   1 2   next page»

Message Author

Wyndham Buy back Program

Anyone been contacted by a rep from Wyndham about buying back your points? Supposedly Wyndham isn't building any new resorts this year due to the economy and is looking to buy back some of it's existing units.

Avatar for michaelg756 michaelg756

2 years ago
Feb 10, 2012

What do you know about Timeshare Solutions Group out of Orlando, FL. They called to say that that are the only authorized representative to offer buy-back or resale of Wyndham Resorts. I have an offer to buy our Week in Hawaii but I am concerned it might be a scam.
Please reply, Jim in Torrance, CA.

Avatar for jimk288 jimk288

2 years ago
Mar 03, 2012

jimk288 wrote:
What do you know about Timeshare Solutions Group out of Orlando, FL. They called to say that that are the only authorized representative to offer buy-back or resale of Wyndham Resorts. I have an offer to buy our Week in Hawaii but I am concerned it might be a scam. Please reply, Jim in Torrance, CA.


I would talk directly to Wyndham about this organization. It would seem to me that if Wyndham was offering to buy back points that they would do it themselves.

Avatar for jayjay jayjay

2 years ago
Mar 04, 2012

BBB BUSINESS REVIEW

overviewcomplaintsdirectionsWhat is a BBB Business Review?
THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED

Timeshare Solutions Group Services
(888) 220-2323
660 Debon Briar Way, Ste N104, Orlando, FL 32822

On a scale of A+ to F

F rating

Last edit by jayjay on Mar 04, 2012 07:58 AM.

Avatar for jayjay jayjay

2 years ago
Mar 04, 2012

Interesting.....same BBB rating as Wyndham Vacation Ownership.

Avatar for jamesb1029 jamesb1029

2 years ago
Mar 08, 2012

http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/business-reviews/vacation-time-share/wyndham-
vacation-ownership-in-orlando-fl-20000283

Avatar for jamesb1029 jamesb1029

2 years ago
Mar 08, 2012

Wyndham Buy back Program

I checked with Wyndham and this is another scam. They are not buying back points and have added Chicago Trust and TeleTeton to their list of scam operations.

Avatar for michaelg756 michaelg756

2 years ago
Mar 08, 2012

Wyndham will not do anything to help you with this unless you made a special type of purchase that has a buy back clause in it. I have tried numerous times to work directly with Wyndham.

Avatar for janetk77 janetk77

2 years ago
Apr 25, 2012

Wyndham Buy back Program

is wyndham buying back points

Avatar for johnr1313 johnr1313

2 years ago
Jul 01, 2012

Wyndham Buy back Program

johnr1313 wrote:
is wyndham buying back points


Check the post 2 above yours. Wyndham is not buying back points. Many timeshare companies are not even taking back points or units for free - let alone buying them back.

If anyone has contacted you claiming that Wyndham is taking back points, likely he's a scam operator. He will probably ask you for an upfront fee to "get the paperwork going" or something along those lines.

Avatar for lancec13 lancec13

2 years ago
Jul 02, 2012

Wyndham Buy back Program

I have received a few calls from folks saying they are Wyndham wanting to get your points. I called Wyndham to verify and was told NO, THIS IS A SCAM--they don't deal with people like that. If anything is legitimate, Wyndham will contact you in writing. I have learned at an update last yr that they do offer a buy back program for VIP owners....matter of fact, Wyndham has right to first refusal to rebuy.
I had another timeshare in Daytona Beach (not Wynham) that kept being bought by different companies, tried to sell it back --they offered no assistance....eventually I did a Quit Claim Deed which has to be filed in the county where your purchase is located--you get nothing, but you sign the deed over to the timeshare folks and you are off the deed and off the hook--chalk that bad deal up to experience learned. BUT I've had relatively good luck with Wyndham...boils down to getting a good travel advisor that knows their business and is concerned about taking care of YOU.

Avatar for gailm69 gailm69

2 years ago
Sep 05, 2012

Wyndham Buy back Program

gailm69 wrote:
I have received a few calls from folks saying they are Wyndham wanting to get your points. I called Wyndham to verify and was told NO, THIS IS A SCAM--they don't deal with people like that. If anything is legitimate, Wyndham will contact you in writing. I have learned at an update last yr that they do offer a buy back program for VIP owners....matter of fact, Wyndham has right to first refusal to rebuy.
I had another timeshare in Daytona Beach (not Wynham) that kept being bought by different companies, tried to sell it back --they offered no assistance....eventually I did a Quit Claim Deed which has to be filed in the county where your purchase is located--you get nothing, but you sign the deed over to the timeshare folks and you are off the deed and off the hook--chalk that bad deal up to experience learned. BUT I've had relatively good luck with Wyndham...boils down to getting a good travel advisor that knows their business and is concerned about taking care of YOU.


Just because you signed a quit claim deed doesn't mean you're off the hook. The developer or HOA has to agree to take a deed back in order for it to be legally legitimate.

Avatar for jayjay jayjay

2 years ago
Sep 05, 2012

Wyndham Buy back Program

Just another reason to never own one of these things. Secondary market or from developer, it doesn't matter. Too many factors you have no control over. According to this website the only "person" you can trust is a male Siamese
cat named JayJay.

Avatar for jamesb1029 jamesb1029

2 years ago
Sep 05, 2012

Wyndham Buy back Program

jamesb1029 wrote:
Just another reason to never own one of these things. Secondary market or from developer, it doesn't matter. Too many factors you have no control over. According to this website the only "person" you can trust is a male Siamese
cat named JayJay.


LOL, actually, both the siamese cat and I are females.

About buying a timeshare .... in the old days (pre-2007) timesharing had a good reputation. It's much nicer to vacation in a villa (1, 2 or 3 bedrooms, 2 or more full baths .... some with jacuzzi tubs ..... a full kitchen, 2 or more tvs, nice dining area and living room in a resort) than a one room motel/hotel, however since the economy has tanked and exchanging is not what it used to be (re: RCI renting deposits) timesharing has changed drastically.

Having said that, though, there are millions of timeshare owners that still love owning timeshares. Many bought from the developer and paid full price but they've chalked it up to the past and moved on still enjoying their timeshares ..... many bought via the resale market.

If we were still traveling we would still be into the resort concept by renting (we sold all of ours pre-2007 .... we bought all but one on the resale market). We would much prefer renting from an owner at a plush resort than a one room motel/hotel.

Last edit by jayjay on Sep 06, 2012 09:21 AM.

Avatar for jayjay jayjay

2 years ago
Sep 06, 2012

Wyndham Buy back Program

What changed in 2007? Why did things as you say, change drastically? Are you recommending not buying from a developer? Lastly, if you have not owned one of these things for around 6 years, why should we listen to you? I know that sounds argumentative but it is not intended to be. As you said things are different now.

Q=jayjay]
jamesb1029 wrote:
Just another reason to never own one of these things. Secondary market or from developer, it doesn't matter. Too many factors you have no control over. According to this website the only "person" you can trust is a male Siamese
cat named JayJay.


LOL, actually, both the siamese cat and I are females.

About buying a timeshare .... in the old days (pre-2007) timesharing had a good reputation. It's much nicer to vacation in a villa (1, 2 or 3 bedrooms, 2 or more full baths .... some with jacuzzi tubs ..... a full kitchen, 2 or more tvs, nice dining area and living room in a resort) than a one room motel/hotel, however since the economy has tanked and exchanging is not what it used to be (re: RCI renting deposits) timesharing has changed drastically.

Having said that, though, there are millions of timeshare owners that still love owning timeshares. Many bought from the developer and paid full price but they've chalked it up to the past and moved on still enjoying their timeshares ..... many bought via the resale market.

If we were still traveling we would still be into the resort concept by renting (we sold all of ours pre-2007 .... we bought all but one on the resale market). We would much prefer renting from an owner at a plush resort than a one room motel/hotel.

Avatar for jamesb1029 jamesb1029

2 years ago
Sep 06, 2012

Wyndham Buy back Program

jamesb1029 wrote:
What changed in 2007? Why did things as you say, change drastically? Are you recommending not buying from a developer? Lastly, if you have not owned one of these things for around 6 years, why should we listen to you? I know that sounds argumentative but it is not intended to be. As you said things are different now.

Q=jayjay]
jamesb1029 wrote:
Just another reason to never own one of these things. Secondary market or from developer, it doesn't matter. Too many factors you have no control over. According to this website the only "person" you can trust is a male Siamese
cat named JayJay.


LOL, actually, both the siamese cat and I are females.

About buying a timeshare .... in the old days (pre-2007) timesharing had a good reputation. It's much nicer to vacation in a plush villa (1, 2 or 3 bedrooms, 2 or more full baths .... some with jacuzzi tubs ..... a full kitchen, 2 or more tvs, nice living room and dining area, pools (or several pools), manicured lawns and all sorts of other activities at a resort) than a one room motel/hotel, however since the economy has tanked and exchanging is not what it used to be (re: RCI renting deposits) timesharing has changed drastically.

Having said that, though, there are millions of timeshare owners that still love owning timeshares. Many bought from the developer and paid full price but they've chalked it up to the past and moved on still enjoying their timeshares ..... many bought via the resale market.

If we were still traveling we would still be into the resort concept by renting (we sold all of ours pre-2007 .... we bought all but one on the resale market). We would much prefer renting from an owner at a plush resort than a one room motel/hotel.

Avatar for jayjay jayjay

2 years ago
Sep 06, 2012

Wyndham Buy back Program

jamesb1029
What changed in 2007? Why did things as you say, change drastically? Are you recommending not buying from a developer?
jamesb1029

After 2007 is when the economy tanked. People were losing jobs and having incomes slashed. Therefore, people had to start paring expenses and shedding luxuries.

Among the first things to go were timeshares with their ever-increasing maintenance fees. On top of that, you had to travel (more needless expense) to get to your timeshare. Hence, owners were wanting to dump their timeshares. That created a huge glut on the market; far more supply than demand. So, some owners were offering to give their timeshares away just to shed the maintenance fees. Still, even at free, there still seemed to be more "sellers" than buyers. All that adds up to a weak timeshare market.

And never buy anything from the developer. What they sell is always overpriced.

Avatar for lancec13 lancec13

2 years ago
Sep 07, 2012

Wyndham Buy back Program

jamesb1029 wrote:
What changed in 2007? Why did things as you say, change drastically? Are you recommending not buying from a developer?


Lance explained it very well above (the reason things changed drastically in the timeshare world).

No, I do not recommend buying from a developer, but many people got caught up in a resort presentation and did buy before they discovered the resale market (we were caught in that web before we discovered the resale market), but we did go on to buy many resales.

At least the initial developer purchase got us into timesharing and we had many wonderful vacations in very nice resorts across this beautiful country for several years until we found the area, via a timeshare vacation, where we wanted to spend the rest of our lives, so we eventually sold all of our timeshares and moved to that area.

If we were still traveling and wanted to go to the same place every year (exchanging is a crap shoot these days) I would still buy on the resale market if the price was right and the maintenance fees were reasonable (however most resort's maintenance fees rise each year).

Example, if I had children or relatives that live in other states and I visited them every year but didn't want to impose on them then buying a resale timeshare in the area in a nice resort would be the answer for me.

Last edit by jayjay on Sep 08, 2012 09:39 AM.

Avatar for jayjay jayjay

2 years ago
Sep 08, 2012

Wyndham Buy back Program

You would be better off donating it to a charity.

Avatar for patrickm348 patrickm348

1 year ago
Jan 09, 2013

I found donating my Timeshare to Charity to be the best option.

Avatar for patrickm348 patrickm348

1 year ago
Jan 09, 2013

page 1 of 2

«prev page   1 2   next page»

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests
Log in or sign up for free

I Want To…

Attention Gmail Users

Google Phishing Scam »

Casting Call

Get free, professional photos of your next timeshare vacation!

Learn more »