May 11, 2016

This will be my first time renting from some one I don't know. How safe are the rentals? Is there anything I should ask before committing to a rental agreement.

Mary W.
May 11, 2016

Redweek has our info and yours. We just want to get our places rented and you want a vacation.

Trust is the biggest hurdle for both parties.

Maybe Redweek should have a (been a member for X years) beside the user name to help with this.

Dave
May 13, 2016

We have rented our timeshare several times and have not had an issue. I have used a contract that states basically this is a legitimate rental and once I receive the fee and it clears I call the resort to place their name on the reservation. The renter is more than welcome then to call the resort to verify. I forward any information to the renters that I receive about the upcoming rental week.

Doug and Dana S.
May 23, 2016

Did you create your own contract or use the redweek contract? If you created your own, would you be willing to share?

Steven R.
May 23, 2016

I used a similar rental agreement as Redweek. I will use Redweeks rental agreement the next time. It seems to be pretty good. We just rented one of our weeks for July and I created an invoice on PayPal and sent that to the person. It worked great but they take a fee. It was about $75 but well worth the amount for less hassle. The renter then just paid the invoice through there and it went into my account. I have had bank checks sent in the past with no issues either. I can share the contract if you are interested. Dana

Doug and Dana S.
May 24, 2016

Yes, Please send me a copy

Steven R.
May 24, 2016

Can you give me your email? I would rather send it to you in an attachment. Thanks

Doug and Dana S.
Jun 07, 2016

Can you please send me a copy as well. My email address is k.simmons02@outlook.com

Shana M.
Jun 27, 2016

I have had two annual successful rentals now, but I choose to use the escrow service. Yes, the fee is higher, but I have negotiated to split it 50/50 with the renter. They like the safety aspect of it and have not seemed to mind the extra fee. I like American Title's rental contract. And rented to actual Marriott owners-- actually, that is my preference, they know how the system/reservations work and are super easy to deal with. I'm pretty picky on who I rent to, and will not deal with 3rd parties, especially since they try to lowball.

Nancy H.
Jun 28, 2016

Excellent advice. An escrow service is more costly but what price do you put on security and peace of mind. There are many reputable escrow companies. I don't know if they charge the same fees but if someone decides to use one it may pay to shop around.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Jun 28, 2016 07:28 AM

Aug 17, 2016

Hi can I ask for a copy as well?

Here's my email : jericosmith25@gmail.com

Thanks

Jerico S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.