Point Systems

MVC Select 4000 points member

Jun 21, 2023

We have come to really dislike this program as we do not vacation this way. We don't do the resort type golf or pool type trips. We don't book a year in advance. We don't ever get what we are looking for. BUT I cannot figure out how to get out of it. We still owe $$ for the purchase and the $3k each year for Maintenance fees so the 2 Hawaii trips we have done have cost us WAY more than a hotel stay. How do we quit this? I am a loyal Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite and have been very loyal to the Marriott Brand however we really regret buying in to this as it has added stress and confusion to our plans. We are about to lose 4ooo points because we missed the use by date..

frustrated

Scott J.
Jun 24, 2023

Sorry to hear this. I have been to to timeshare meetings this last month. OMG they really sell points. Yesterday the sales rep said that Marriott owns interval and will soon stop the exchange programs. Points will only give you that option. If you own weeks that is all you will get the week at resort with no power to exchange;. So I was looking to buy points but once you do they have other fees. Example ebay hase 4000 points for $1,200.00 but then there is $14,000 fee to purchase the points. When I hear your story it scares me.

Valerie R.
Jul 02, 2023

Hi, Yes I don't know how you Travel or vacation but this seems to us a very restrictive and expensive choice. Disregarding the initial buy in ( another story) the maintenance fees for our Select membership is approaching $3k a year. we've spent close to $12k on maintenance and We have only used it twice in Hawaii Koalina ( beautiful property) but the restaurants are very expensive the parking is very expensive. We are not sit at the pool all day people and so it is a very costly trip. We don't plan a year in advance (very necessary if you want control of where and when) I think if you're not a golfer, skier or sunbather the choices of locations are thin. This year because we were moving we missed the date to use the points so we are losing 4000 points, Our fault for sure but its further cost that we don't need.

Scott J.
Aug 31, 2023

Hello - I am interested in purchasing mvc points if these are still available

- thnx

Manish C.
Sep 02, 2023

We use our points for Pulse properties. Have been to New York City, Washington DC, San Diego for 4 nights each this year. Boston in 2024 (our home resort). Can also use destination points for car rentals and air miles. Use them, don’t lose them.

Corinne B.
Sep 04, 2023

Apparently you did not hear from the original poster. I have 2400 MVC points expiring end of 2023 that I want to rent. I have done so before. The process is, you pick the place to which you want to travel, confirm there is availability, and I make a reservation in your name. Cost of points: .65 each. Total is $1560. I believe .65 is below the standard asking price. To ensure credibility, I give you my phone number, email address and any other documentation warranted. Let me know if interested. My email address is sseansully2003@yahoo.com Sean Sullivan

manishc wrote:
Hello - I am interested in purchasing mvc points if these are still available

- thnx

Sean S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.