Oct 17, 2006

does anyone know a good closing company that won't charge too much if I sell my timeshare? I am trying to price my timeshare low enough to sell but a low closing price would also help.

Judy V.
Oct 18, 2006

Many timesharers use www.timesharetransfer.com . Their fee for a simple closing also includes escrow services (holding monies until transaction is complete) I don't know if their closing cost would be in your range or not. Their prices for their different services are on their webpage.

R P.
Oct 18, 2006

judy1197 wrote:
does anyone know a good closing company that won't charge too much if I sell my timeshare? I am trying to price my timeshare low enough to sell but a low closing price would also help.

Also, you might check out www.timetraveltraders.com . They charge $75 for a simple closing, but they do not have escrow services.

R P.
Oct 18, 2006

Also, Redweek offers a closing company:

Timeshare Resale Escrow Service RedWeek.com now offers a secure and convenient third-party handling service to members participating in a timeshare resale transaction. Using First American Title Insurance Co., the leading timeshare escrow company, RedWeek.com members can transact timeshare resale agreements with other members, without security concerns that may be associated with private transactions.

Costs (in $USD): $300.00 escrow closing service in the United States. $300.00 title insurance for properties in California, Nevada, Arizona, Hawaii, and Florida. For cost of title insurance in other locations, please contact First American Title Insurance Co. $495.00 escrow closing service outside of the United States, no title insurance option available. NOTE: Prices do not include the cost of the resort's transfer fee or recording fees.

If the timeshare property is located in a state that requires an attorney in deed preparation (FL, GA, IL, KY, LA, MD, MA, MI, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OR, SC, TX, VA, WA, DC, WV), First American Title will make these arrangements, but applicable attorney fees will be assessed in addition to the above costs. The state's requirement for attorney participation may lead to a longer closing timeframe. Please ask First American Title for a cost and time estimate.

Steps: The buyer and seller come to an agreement on a purchase price and terms. The seller completes all forms through First American's online application process. First American sends a confirmation e-mail to the buyer, along with a link to the agreement where the buyer will complete their information and make a down payment. First American Title collects and prepares the deed, then mails all closing information to the buyer and the seller. Both parties fill out the paperwork individually and return to First American Title. The buyer should send their remaining payment at this time. First American Title confirms the deed has been recorded, and disburses funds to the seller, notifies the HOA of the closing, and provides the buyer with a title policy. The buyer will receive the original deed directly from the county. Open an Order: Get started with the online application process now.

If you prefer to use paper forms and mail or fax to First American Title, they are included below. Each are to be completed by the seller.

Sales/Purchase Information Sheet Availability of Occupancy Certification Credit Card Authorization if paying by credit card. First American Title Insurance Co.'s Contact Information: Resale Department Phone: 866-639-9203 (from U.S. only); 702-792-6863 (outside U.S.) Fax: 702-562-9760 E-mail First American Title

Why First American Title Insurance Co.? First American Title Insurance Co.'s National Vacation Ownership Division (NVOD) is a part of the First American Corporation, a Fortune 500 Company that has been in existence over 100 years. Our specially trained staff is just one of the many reasons First American Title Insurance Co. is an innovator in the vacation ownership industry. We understand the unique needs of the timeshare/fractional customer.

First American Title Insurance Co. acts as escrow holder and orchestrates obtaining signatures for all closing documents, collecting payment from the buyer, preparing the deed, coordinating the transfer with the resort's Home Owners Association (HOA), collecting and disbursing funds between the buyer and seller. You can have peace of mind knowing that your monies will be held in trust by First American Title Insurance Co.'s National Vacation Ownership Division.

R P.
Oct 19, 2006

judy1197 wrote:
Judy, FYI earlier this year I purchased a resale week in the state of Florida (at a resort where I already own another week) through Redwish. After several phone conversations with the seller, we agreed to bypass closing companies and the seller contacted the County Clerk, obtained necessary forms, which we completed ourselves. Costs were minimal. I did not want title insurance. Of course you have to be very comfortable with whom you are dealing and the resort confirmed that the seller was a legitimate and long time owner with no outstanding charges. Good Luck, Lori

Lori W.
Nov 04, 2006

BE CAREFUL. THERE ARE COMPANY THAT WILL CHARGE YOU $1000 AND MORE TO SELL YOUR TIMESHARE. ONCE THEY GET YOUR MONEY, YOU NEVER HEAR FROM THEM AGAIN.

OTHER COMPANIES LIKE Timeshare Adventures,inc.THAT ARE BAD! AS LONG AS THEY GET THEIR MONEY, THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT ANYTHING. (this what happen to me) be very very careful,with this company.

Timeshare Adventures,inc.

everthing when wrong with my transaction. was not a 2 bedroom, it was a one bedroom. was not floating, it was week 2. was charge, 2006 maintance fee, that should not have been charge. contacted this company. that it was my mistake, not theirs. stay away.

just got former owners tax bill in my name, for 2005 and 2006 with all the penalties. do these poeple know what they are doing?

again stay away for this company.

"Timeshare Adventures,inc."

Mary V.

Last edited by vlahos on Nov 04, 2006 04:09 PM

Nov 05, 2006

The rule of thumb in timesharing is to NEVER, EVER pay anyone an upfront fee to sell your timeshare under ANY circumstances. The best and most economical way to sell your timeshare is yourself via sites such as Redweek and the many other resale listing sites on the internet.

R P.
Nov 13, 2006

jayjay wrote:
The rule of thumb in timesharing is to NEVER, EVER pay anyone an upfront fee to sell your timeshare under ANY circumstances. The best and most economical way to sell your timeshare is yourself via sites such as Redweek and the many other resale listing sites on the internet.

I am looking for a company to sell my membership. It is a timeshare for 1 floating week per annual for 50 years (Started on 2001 and ended on 2050, i.e. there were 43 years entitlement remained for the new buyer to use). Please advise which company would not charge me for posting fee. I consider that it is not fair to pay if there is no sales transaction. I need a company that would ONLY charge a fix commission according to the selling price and would ONLY charge me when there is a sales transaction.

Leung W.

Last edited by leungw on Nov 13, 2006 06:54 PM

Nov 13, 2006

leungw wrote:
jayjay wrote:

I am looking for a company to sell my membership. It is a timeshare for 1 floating week per annual for 50 years (Started on 2001 and ended on 2050, i.e. there were 43 years entitlement remained for the new buyer to use). Please advise which company would not charge me for posting fee. I consider that it is not fair to pay if there is no sales transaction. I need a company that would ONLY charge a fix commission according to the selling price and would ONLY charge me when there is a sales transaction.

i would post on redweek and http://www.MyResortNetwork.com (cost around $50 each for 6 months)then when you have a buyer contact the closing company on redweek.(cost$300) and they will do the rest. as long as you price it right, you will get a buyer. most likely, you will not get what you think you should, (offer will be lower then your asking price)but you will not be taken by brokers that you will not heard from again, once they have your money (up front). you may have to do some work but you will not get taken. you have something great to offer, you will find a buyer. good luck!!!!

Mary V.

Last edited by vlahos on Nov 13, 2006 10:09 PM

Nov 13, 2006

doesnt redweek charge an upfront fee to post your timeshare ad....i thought when i was signing up i was paying to post my ad....oh no i was signing up to be a member of there website there is an additional 50 dollars to post an ad and then all the extras. 10 dollars a week here 15 dollars a week there....why hasnt that been brought in these forums yet....

Melissa C.
Nov 13, 2006

melissac119 wrote:
doesnt redweek charge an upfront fee to post your timeshare ad....i thought when i was signing up i was paying to post my ad....oh no i was signing up to be a member of there website there is an additional 50 dollars to post an ad and then all the extras. 10 dollars a week here 15 dollars a week there....why hasnt that been brought in these forums yet....

yes you pay,but you get results at a resable price. you can call timeshare brokers and check! most will hand everything for a price. a big price.( i learnd the hard way.) to all if you make an offer and you get a call telling you that your offer was agreed on. but you must sent a check for $500, to the company to start the paper work. you tell them that you want written (with name)and you want to verify first (yourself)that what you are buying is what you are getting. if they will not do it, run the other way ... i wish i did.

Mary V.
Nov 14, 2006

thanks to all. I have used timeshare closing here in florida and they do everything for 350 and have been real legit for me. I think someone here suggested them. Thanks for all the info.

Judy V.
Nov 14, 2006

judy1197 wrote:
thanks to all. I have used timeshare closing here in florida and they do everything for 350 and have been real legit for me. I think someone here suggested them. Thanks for all the info.
great news! let us know if this company is honest. so we can use them too!

Mary V.
Nov 16, 2006

judy1197 wrote:

when i purchased my time share in hollywood florida,i downloaded the proper forms from the internet filled in what was needed, signed & notorized signature on bill of sale, let my attorney look it over ,sent in the proper fees which is stated on form. i beleive $26.00,that was it. received the deed- i owned it. i believe its the same to sell

David L.

Last edited by davidl34 on Nov 17, 2006 09:23 AM

Nov 16, 2006

Judy, would please send the name of the company you used to close that charged only $350,I bought a timeshare in Hawaii and have not been able to get it transfered. Thanks, John Patton

John P.
Nov 16, 2006

I would say let everyone know where your time share is and price requested with week or season and go from there.I have purchased three that way.Direct from owners with no problems.I have also rented extra weeks with out any issues. Aruba seems to echo that type of people.

Judy L.
Nov 16, 2006

250.00 charge

Dave L.
Nov 17, 2006

jayjay wrote:
I agree with you, I got ripped off as well. But what are some effective ways to market and sell your timeshare where they don't charge fees up front??

Timothy H.
Nov 17, 2006

judy1197 wrote:
A- Avoid Century 21 TRI Timeshare. Charges up front. No action. Entered into an Auction - paid up front no action. sold @ 1/10 cost and they had the nerve to contact me a year later and asked me to pay an additional maint./ fee that was assessed after the sale.

Craig H.
Nov 17, 2006

Has anyone here used Resorts INT'l Marketing to sell their timeshare? i listd my timeshare with them back in July and that was the last time i heard from them. i called 4 or 5 times to talk to the broker that listed my timeshare and every time they tell either he is busy and he would call me back, out sick, on vacation etc.. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Terry B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.