Borgo di Vagli
Mercatale Cortona, Italy
Borgo di Vagli
Mercatale Cortona, Italy
Post your timeshare at Borgo di Vagli for rent or sale in less than five minutes!
Borgo di Vagli is the first fully restored 14th century Tuscan village available on the Timeshare market.
Borgo di Vagli is the result of a ten year project authentically restored to the highest standards in accordance with Tuscanys legal restoration requirements. It maintains as faithfully as possible its medieval feel, atmosphere and look, without compromising modern day comforts and needs.
The resort consists of seventeen unique and individual properties, a full service multi-lingual reception, two swimming pools, mini-market, satellite television, direct dial telephones and a level of luxury rarely seen in rural Tuscany.
Borgo di Vagli is part of a large Protected Area nestled among its own olive groves, fruit trees and ancient oaks, with many terraces of roughly 8,000 square meters offering privacy to read, relax or sunbathe. The panoramic views are some of the most breathtaking in Tuscany including that of Pierle Castle which dates back to the 10th century.
Back to reviewsResort review
Borgo Di Vagli is truly a magical experience.Very remote but it won't take long to adapt to the quiet and beauty of the the property and entire region.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom/2bath unit. The developers took great pride putting authentic amenities in each residence. The staff is helpful and attentive when needed. We ate in the private Trattoria twice and it was quite special. Our only concern the whole week was for the bees around the pool but your are in a wooded, landscaped area so I'm not sure there is not much that can be done.
We stopped at a market and picked up some fresh food basics for breakfast prior to our arrival. They have a market on site for other essentials. Every morning we would sit out at a table with quiet views of the Tuscan Hills and the medieval, ivy covered Castle down the road . What more could you ask for?
We used this location to explore SE Tuscany and Northern Umbria. We visited Cortona, Assisi, Perugia and Lake Trassimeno.
I just returned from a one week stay at this RCI Gold Crown resort. As always there were positives and negatives, but overall, it was an amazing experience. One thing to note is that you do not have to trade in as this can be difficult. As an RCI member you get 20% off the list price so this makes it more affordable.
Details can be found at www.tuscany- goldcrown.com
- An authentically restored medieval village with minute attention to detail. Even the modern conveniences such as dishwashers have been tucked in so as not to ruin the atmosphere. - A breathtaking site atop a hill in Tuscany with lakes a castle and rolling hills below. - A small restaurant and grocery on site - Wonderful towns closeby in which to shop and eat. - Within one day drive to Perugia, Siena, San Gimignano, Chianti, Montereggione and even Pisa and Luca if you are ambitious. - Very comfortable accomodations.
- The road up is challenging! They advise you to have a powerful car and they mean it! We were six women with our luggage in a Renaud Espace and the poor car made the initial trip but there were moments when we wondered if it would. Even the men whom we met at the top were aghast at the poor roads so it was not just a "timid woman thing". Apparently the conservation authority won't allow the road to be further upgraded so it is steep with hairpin curves and no shoulders or guardrails. Because or this we only went in and out once per day and this was a trifle restricting.
The whole week was one adventure after another from which we have taken amazing memories.
This is a magnificent resort in an ideal location in the heart of the Tuscany-Umbria area. The units were originally built hundreds of years ago, and the whole village has been faithfully restored, adding modern touches and even luxuries without compromising the natural beauty.
Getting from the main road into the resort is about 2km on a "white" (unpaved) road. It's a little harrowing the first time, but after a trip or two you'll be just fine. The views from the resort are stunning, especially the 10th century castle just down the hill.
The onsite restaurant serves a family style dinner each night. The hosts are exceptionally friendly and welcoming and the food is great.
If you love Italy, you will love this place.
- Outdoor Pool
- Golf (30 miles)
- Water Skiing
- Wind Surfing
Localita Vagli, 52040
Mercatale Cortona, ItalyNo available map for Borgo di VagliAccuracy not guaranteed. Contact the resort to confirm the address before making plans.
Join the most trusted timeshare community
View all timeshare rentals and resales at Borgo di Vagli by creating a free accountCreate a free account
|Price (Maint. fee)||Week (Season)||Use||Type||Unit view Unit||Beds/Baths Be/Ba||Sleeps|
- View Timeshare Rentals (0)
- View Timeshare Resales (1)
- About the Resort
- See Resort Amenities
- Read Resort Reviews (3)
- View Resort Address & Map
- Discuss This Resort