Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Renting my timeshare to someone.... (by Mary I.):

I have never rented out a timeshare before but am a little confused by some of the things I have read.

First - Where can I find a good rental agreement?

Second - I have read that I am responsible for any damages. I understand that I own the week but why won't the resort just take their credit card number (like they would do for a room charge) and charge the person for any damages?

Third - I have a week that I traded on II for the Boardwalk resort at Disney in May(we had to bank a week and didn't want to lose it and then couldnt get anything that worked for us - we fell into this week and I took it because I know how popular Boardwalk is but we cant go in May while the kids are still in school). Can I rent that out? I know I can get a guest certificate from II but I read on Redweek that I am not allowed to rent it?? Why??

Sorry and thanks in advance for any help - I am new at this. We own at Harborside in Paradise Island, I don't think I will ever try using II again - I will just come to REdweek to rent my week and rent another. The process is much more managable.

Mary