Construction

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Construction (by Sumi A.):

Hi. I own two weeks in Lagoon and bought two more in the Grand Waikikian that's being built. We just came back from a two week stay (Jan 20-Feb 3), with four other families renting units at the same time for a family reunion. Until we discovered these timeshares, we only stayed in the Halekulani or the Kahala Mandarin Oriental.

Here's some updates: Lagoon Tower is surrounded by construction. Yes, it's noisy and dusty, but much less than you'd expect for a project of this scope. They have done an impressive job of containing the work area and limiting noise. In addition to the new high rise (which is slated for completion in Feb '09), they are installing six filters into the lagoon to make it swimmable. There will also be two new pools, with slides and other features, that will make it truly on par with the kind of serious super pools you'd find in Vegas or Disney (not the joke of a super pool that currently services the resort). The pools and lagoon are supposed to be completed by '08 sometime, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Even with all that construction, we are still going back next February!

If you cannot stomach any kind of construction noise, than this is not the place for you. The Kalia Tower, however, would make a perfect alternative. It is also very convenient to Waikiki and the amazing Ala Moana Mall. The Marriot at Ko Olina is WAY far away from everything. It is not a good hub for exploring Oahu. It's beautiful, but there's not much out there except for the resort.