Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: DRI offering PT's owners Sunterra conversion (by Patricia T.):

dougp43 wrote:
For those of you that own at PT's, DRI is now offering Club Sunterra SunOptions membership for $2,995. This would convert your PT's unit into SunOptions points and allow internal exchanges throughout the Sunterra resorts. There are 94 Sunterra and Sunterra affiliates in the Sunterra system.

On top of the conversion fee there is an additional Club Sun membership of $151/year ontop of your maintenance fee's.

Two bedroom Suites units that are not holiday units are converting to 12,000 points and 2 bedroom Villa's units are converting to 14,500 points.

If you are a multiple week owner, the $2,995 fee covers all units. They are also offering upgrades to holiday weeks, Suites to Villa's weeks and 1 bedroom to 2 bedroom weeks. Don't ask me where the inventory is coming from unless there's been a lot of defaults since they sold out.

Doug - I am making an assumption here which is that there can be an exchange through II for $139.00. Other than the fact that Polo Towers gives a higher point value to the exchange units I'm not sure I see the value in converting. Yes they upgrade but it costs! Am I missing something here? Thanks for a reply.