Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: What is the value of an RCI point? (by KC):

mackf4 states, quoted only in pertinent part:

>> I can use that to look up the specific "prices" for weeks ... which often cost less points than the grid shows ... I think.<<

I'd be very surprised if that particular observation is actually correct, since the whole idea of the points value grid and system is to establish known, firm, worldwide points values to be charged for weekly usage. You may be looking at something less than full weeks, "short notice" availability, or making some other "apples and oranges" comparison. Aside from those possibilities, I am unaware of there ever being any variation in weekly points charges.

Well, I guess in this situation you did indeed "win", since evidently somebody else (not you) is paying for the purchase and somebody else (not you) will be receiving (and paying) the annual maintenance fee bills. It must be nice......

Good luck -- and don't forget to thank Mom & Dad. These kinds of financial decisions are a lot more difficult to make when you're spending YOUR OWN money.