Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: DRI offering PT's owners Sunterra conversion (by Diva D.):

dougp43 wrote:
What I am told is that DRI is moving to a one fee ($2,995) for anyone to join THE Club. DRI is trying to simplify their system and it's to their advantage to have as many units in THE Club as possible. At $2,995 they're making money and customers are getting something worth their money. At this point it's unclear to me if that fee will be for each contract or if you can own several weeks and get all of them into THE Club for one fee.

I'm also hearing that those the buy direct from the developer will get 10 years of Interval Gold thrown in, even if they don't buy enough points to reach silver elite level.

Since we're only a few thousand points shy of being gold elite and if this is true then I could find myself in the market for a few more points. As it is right now I don't believe the word has gotten around to everyone yet. I do know that one person I've seen post on another forum had to push the salesman to get his manager before they admitted that anyone could convert their week into THE Club for the $2,995 fee. The salesman, of course, was pushing for a minimum purchase of new points when the owner didn't want or need any additional points.

get down to your nearest sales center and do the upgrade purchase to Gold elite.... prices are slated to go up in mid May again and then again in December. The Raintree acquisition of the newest 14 properties bringing the total amount of resorts up to 112, has kicked in a price increase. Get your self up to Gold Elite and full club roll over before the price increase. Prices are up 50% already in the past 3 yrs and now with DRI take over and plan to enlarge the Club Network to the largest in the world and resorts slated for radical improvements and restaurants being added to many resorts over the next couple years, prices are GOING UP! The Club is the largest by two times its nearest competitor of Wyndam, the prices are still a great deal, with so many 5 star resorts in the Club! Gold elite is great, platinum elite is the best of course! with unlimited room upgrades for life and no FEES to upgrade,by far the best deal in time share out there. Get onboard to do an upgrade before May when the prices go up again!! it will not be a huge price increase but all in all less cost is always better! since you plan to go to that level anyway, get in line now to get more points before they raise the prices again! they are up 50% in 3 years now...the club is growing fast and more resorts are lining up to add to Diamonds huge collection of 4-5 star additions! Just an FYI!