Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Renting Weeks at Mayan Palace (by Les C.):

I agree, all is not lost, my wife and I purchased our first time in Mexico (Villa del Mar) in 1990. In 2000, we bought into the Mayan palace, this year we traded to the Grand Mayan. We have been to the Mayans in Cancun, PV, Neuvo and Rockey point. We have had many excellent vacations in doing so. We have exchanged three times, once to Spain, once to Aspen, Co., and once to Sun Valley, ID. with the Del Mar property. In addition, we traded once through the ICE network for a cruise to the Caribbean.

We have rented our time share to friends a couple of times which basically paid the maintenance fee. Word of mouth through people at my work place works well. You are correct about it being difficult to get the rack price charged by the resort. The four companies on the list they gave to me recommended by them did not fair well when a check was made to the BBB. You to can call the BBB and put in the 10 digit phone # listed on that sheet and find out what track record is attached to that phone # for no charge. One of the numbers indicated that a "window installer" owned that number.

Kind of getting off the subject, anyway, we bought our timeshare as a commitment to take vacation and it has worked well for us. The current contract with the Grand allows that you pay the maint. fee only if you go which works well for us.

You own the time so start enjoying your weeks, we do and of course so do many others. les