Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Unit Assignment Bias @ SOK (by Mike B.):

stevef26 wrote:
tomm332 wrote:
Can anyone tell me whether SOK is biased in their assingment of units to owners who bought their units on the resale market? We've heard that they only assign Garden view units in this case. Thanks, Brooke

I own 3 units there (2br) and my brother owns 3 units as well. We bought them on the resale market several years ago and have been able to get reservations in all 3 categories (ocean front, ocean view, and garden). I was also able to upgrade to a 3 br one year. What I don't like is that I believe that there is a man that owns a lot of units there and it seems that he gets priority assignments. He is a realtor and rents his out and I think they have certain ocean front units set aside for his use....that way he is able to command higher prices for his rentals. You can find out who he is by searching condo rentals in Kahana (outside Redweek). It should be pretty obvious who he is.

I believe that this guy owns these units and that they are outside of Consolidated's care and upkeep. The units are shown in bldgs 2 & 3 as off Consolidated's inventory. Consolidated has a color coded map of all four buildings and the available units are clearly marked as timeshare while the private units are marked too. You can get this map at their front desk.

Some units are timeshare, some are private residences, some are investors that rent outside of Consolidated's control.

Hope this helps. Mike