Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Buying Marriott Vacation Club Resale (by Del E.):

carvana wrote:
mnop wrote:
I think my basic question was about how a resale Marriott owner exchanges thur II. The direct purchase owner is allowed to view Marriott exchange deposits for 24 days from the deposit date before non-Marriott owners are able to see the deposit. Is a resale Marriott owner treated like "other II members" who do not see Marriott deposits for their first 24 days, or do Marriott resale owners immediately see Marriott deposits like Marriott direct purchase owners?

I have owned both Marriott timeshares purchased from Marriott at developer price and Marriott resales purchased from individuals. The resales received the same 24 day priority with II as do those purchased from Marriott. There have been rumors on Redweek posts that Marriott would discontinue this 24 day priority for resales but it has not happened. The only disadvantage to buying resale is that you do not have the option to trade your week for Marriott points. Anything can change and you should independently verify the question with Marriott prior to pulling the trigger on a resale purchase. The 24 day priority is a big deal and it helped us consistently trade Marriott Streamside Vail summer weeks for the higher demand Marriott ski weeks.