Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: RCI Class Action Lawsuit (by Roger T.):

I just decided to look up the status of the class action suit this evening, because I am a candidate for a board member at one of my timeshares and have had some concerns for the last two or three years. I have been a red week owner for 24 years and have multiple resort weeks at different resorts. For the first several years, I was quite satisfied with RCIs service, but there seems to be some changes that I don't like. I was aware of the lawsuit last year when I was complaining about the changing status of RCI in the process of supporting my red week trades. I had been complaining to individuals and even by phone to the RCI people that I was not happy about my lack of ability to trade my gold crown red two bedroom week for even a one bedroom unit after putting in the request at least 10 months ahead while finding out that RCI was listing numerous units for rent through their rental listings in those same areas. One of the reasons for my investigation had to do with whether I wanted to extend my contract with RCI for the future or switch to II or just drop the whole thing. I also heard recently that anyone who is extending their contract with RCI is doing it over the phone, as I have, and if there is any paperwork on it, they are putting in a clause that will now get them by the issue of renting out the weeks as stated in the suit. If this is so, they are taking advantage of the 99.9% of the members who don't even know about the lawsuit, and it may be time to make sure all of the members of my timeshare condos know about it. It sounds like some more of the same twisted financial decisions that the rest of our world is currently dealing with to make the top dogs more money at the expense of screwing the member. I really hope this is wrong.