Hacienda del Mar

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Hacienda del Mar (by Becky C.):

Just returned from Hacienda last week...attended the owners meeting...alot was focused on the maintenence fees...people are outraged...Ivan Miralla, manager of resort, once again said that Ritz Carlton is going to be primary owner, and Fairmont Hotels are going to run property...Hacienda is supposedly working on new contracts with water/electric to get better deals (since we got cut off from Cerromar's utilities) that will lower our maintenence fees...how soon is iffy of course...He also said Hyatt is not buying back any properties right now from Hacienda...so I guess you're on your own for selling...Believe it or not, there was a man interested in buying at the front desk...he had never been there before and was just impressed with what's left! Bohio may be torn down completely when construction starts, again empty promises on when that will be...he also said they are looking into adding more shaded huts on the beach and possibly water sports...saw alot of new flat screen TV's in rooms...I'd still rather have my fees lowered...I'm on vacation, not watching TV...when I see a crane on the premises, I will believe construction is coming!