Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it. (by R P.):

neeliman wrote:
The first time she charged my credit card, I went online and tried find some reviews. There was one rippoff story and I also found other websites warning that these could be scams. So I tried calling her several times, but never got a response. One day I heard a message that the phone number that she gave me was disconnected. She called afew days later saying that she was moved to a different place and could not call me back. I asked her why I never received any documents and she said she would find out and call me back in an hour. As you can expect that never happened and she did not even answer my calls. I called my credit card and disputed the transaction. They temporarily refunded my money and are investigating this. 15 days after I have done this she called that there is a renter waiting tried to convince me about this and wanted me to sign a paper to reverse my dispute. I asked her to e-mail their terms and conditions first.She never did that.She now calls me again and says it is easier to do this as a fresh transaction and asked my credit card details again. When I refused she says that she spent a lot of time on this and that I am missing a great oppurtunity. The company is RESORT PROPERTY MANAGEMENT. I just want to find out more about this company. I have no trust in them.

This is a scam .... why would you think otherwise since she didn't return your phone calls, she outright lied to you and she didn't email you the terms and conditions of the rental ... that should have sent up a big red flag .... just be glad that your credit card company is investigating the charge and has taken if off temporarily ... also you need to file a complaint with the attorney general in the state where the company is located ... ALL she wanted was for you to sign a paper reversing the credit card dispute.

Never, ever pay an upfront fee for any company to sell or rent your timeshare ... never heard of Resort Management Company ... but new scams pop up every day.