Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Interval international non-rental claus (by Ron D.):

Kathy,

If you read the entirety of the post and the post immediately above your own you should understand that the term slime refers to people who do this on a regular basis and, as I said, "regularly exchange into prime weeks and rent them out to non-members". I suspect some who have posted above (and even use this forum to promote rentals) qualify into that group. There are many on ebay and other places who do so and do it as a means of profiting from operating outside the rules.

From your description you would not fit into that group. It seems you may fit into the group I previously described "ones who do it once because of illness or something else. Those people get educated, maybe they lose that one exchange, and are sent on their way." You were educated and you brought yourself into compliance with the rules. Unlike these repeat offenders you did as requested and removed your rental listing. You did not change your log in name or go to another site and try to rent it again. It is the habitual offenders I take issue with, not you.

The OP also attempted to blame Red Week. "I think red week has some obligation to warn those who have weeks with interval international that they're trying to sell that they are in violation intervals rules." When the exchange company rules are clearly posted on the site even though they have no obligation to inform someone of another entities rules to which they agreed as a condition of membership.

If you do not agree with II and RCI's rules then you do not have to deposit with them. It is that simple. You may use or dispose of your week AT YOUR HOME PROPERTY as you see fit, subject to their rules. (On this point I agree). It is once you enter the exchange company system that one has to abide by their rules. Did you talk with an II rep and see what your options would be with them? In the past I have had to cancel exchange weeks and was treated fairly.

There are other independent exchange companies out there that would appreciate your business. A few even have little or no membership fee. THERE ARE OTHER OPTIONS AVAILABLE, including Red Week. However, you can not deposit or exchange a unit received as an exchange from RCI or II with them.

In addition, I have been called a lot worse than slime and my skin is thick enough that those references had no effect. Please read the posts in full and in context. You erroneously included yourself in a group described to which (from your own description) you do not belong.