Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts raises maintenance fees again! (by Charles S.):

Dougp,

I was certainly one of those enraged owners who did not like the increase in fees, but you're so right in that when you see your properties improve you don't get as upset. I saw how my Epic Resorts properties went to pot over time and when Sunterra took over from them it did not improve. However, DRI has spruced up many of the places and I notice that the reviews on the properties have improved as well.

My wife is now not so closed to staying at some DRI properties now. Before she only wanted to stay our Marriott timeshare properties, but now she will at least ask to see the DRI photos of the units before instantly saying, "No."

Los Abrigados needs work. I don't think people realize the amounts of money that it costs to fix things up. I think DRI needs to do a better job in communicating the costs and show how those dollars are used to improve the properties. It's go to be simpler than what they share with the budget. Maybe some pie charts or graphs would help. Also, they need to send the information about what they plan to do with the maintenance fees either before or with the bill. Heck, you see an increase of 10%, you immediately want to know why NOW not a month or two later. The anger and concern are immediate and that is why people get on these boards and complain.