Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts raises maintenance fees again! (by R P.):

annetter60 wrote:
I don't believe timeshares have been a "good deal" since the early 90s. they had a brief heyday, then started a steep decline in value around 1994. I had bought one in 93 that I sold in 97 for less than half of what I paid for it. And of course, it has gotten worse. They are now worth literally nothing on the market. Yet when I go for a vacation, I see people still buying them from the developer at ridiculous prices. I really don't understand that!!

Timeshares have never been a 'good deal' as far as an investment no matter what a timeshare salesperson may have told you. Buying a timeshare IS an investment is future vacations in luxury accommodations ..... that's ALL they are.

Never, ever buy from a developer ..... buy on the resale market.

In this day and time with the internet in almost every home it behooves me that so many people will sign on the dotted line without researching timesharing to the ultimate degree, BUT they are on vacation and are caught up in the moment when a developer salesperson presents all the bells and whistles of a luxurious resort, the accommodations and the amenities.

I know first hand as we bought our first from a developer sales presentation at a luxurious resort that we later sold for pennies on the dollar.