Rants

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Rants (by Jacqueline B.):

Please tell me they turned down that "generous" offer. We were convinced to do that same kind of conversion, at about the same price. Now we have to pay the maintenance fee EVERY year, but our points are not equal to the amount needed to stay 1 week, so we can still only stay every other year, but must pay the huge expensive fee every year. It is a HUGE ripoff!!

john665 wrote:
OK, my parents are owners of the resort. We stayed at the resort with them and overall it was a nice experience. However, and this is a biggie, the staff invited us to an "owners update".

At the update, they were informed that one of their years weeks was based upon the "old" way, when the Embassy owned the resort. (They own two every other year ownerships). The other year is based upon the "new" way, where you get points with Sunterra. They tried to upgrade their ownership so their partial ownership could be put into Sunterra's pool of property. So, by doing Sunterra a favor, they would have to pay an additional, nominal fee, of $8500. Wow, they'd already paid $26000. Then, just to get the privilage and a few extra points, they have to pay $8500.

It felt cheap, like sitting in a used car sales office.

Anyone else have this experience??

Otherwise, the grounds are great. I don't really like the pool as I love to swim laps, and I really miss having a beach on site to snorkel

cheers,

j