Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts raises maintenance fees again! (by Charles S.):

michaeld414 wrote:
charless345 wrote:
There is always so much misinformation on this site as it pertains to DRI. I recognize that there are many unhappy owners here, but some of the responses are either downright inaccurate or partially untrue. I would advise folks to either go to Timeshare Users Group (tug2.net) or to Facebook to the Diamond Resorts Members page. The Facebook page has over 3000 OWNERS from across the world with some who are happy and some who are not happy. However, the information IS ACCURATE.
I would challenge yo to tell me what information is inaccurate or partially true....? What is Un TRUE.... ?

Michaeld, I have shown it in many past posts. However, I will address one point that you always throw out there. You state that for two years you could not get into the Point at Poipu. I can't understand for the life of me why that was the case. If you had 31,000 points and were in the Hawaii Collection it should not have been that much of a challenge since you would have had the 13 month home collection advantage. If you were like me and are a U.S. Collection member, you would have to wait 10 months out. Personally, I do the 10 month deal during the summer and have had NO PROBLEM getting a reservation there durin peak seasons. I even was able to secure reservations during peak whale season without issue. If you have a very narrow window in which you can stay and it is during peak seasons, you need more flexibility.. It has been difficult for me to understand why you could not get a reservation for two years unless you were waiting until not long out for a very busy time of year.