maintenance fees

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

maintenance fees (by Terri T.):

thomasr221 wrote:
If u really want to buy - don't buy from them directly. U can find many resales on Redweek for as little as $1. At least then u just have maintenance fees to worry about for the rest of your life with very little to no initial cost. Good Luck - great resort but very expensive & fees have never stopped rising since day 1. Sincerly, An original owner since 1st opened in 2001

Why buy at all? I bought aftermarket in the early 2000's. Within 10 years I could barely cover the maintenance fees with a rental. That told me it was cheaper for me to rent a unit if I ever wanted to go again, which quite frankly after 10 years I was tired of Harborside. The fees were ridiculous and I stopped paying them. They said they would "repossess my week".

Fine by me. Took a year for them to stop calling. Even buying aftermarket it was a bad deal and a waste of money.

Actually had the same issue with my Wyndham Resort "ownership". They have a process to take it back called Ovation. Which I did. Had contacted Harborside and they only offered to help me resell it. Right!