Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Laura H.):

Not having turned over the board to the owners was the biggest mistake ever made. Did the AG even look at that? Does New York not have the requirement to turn the timeshare over to the owners?

I have been complaining for years about the high maintenance fees. I even suggested that we not have the daily cleaning because labor costs were so high. I was told that the union in NY was too powerful and that we couldn't do that. Well, how many of you traded your MC timeshare and found that you had to pay for cleaning at the timeshare you exchanged for? Why can't we do that? We should have an extra fee for those who echange into the TMC. There is nothing more maddening than having to pay extra fees for these other timeshares that may not even meet the quality of TMC?

How can TMC have a contract that precludes the exchange of your unit to Interval International? Isn't it an owner's right to exchange wherever they want? I have done exchanges with SFX and DAE. Why should TMC keep me from exchanging with Interval International? Isn't it some kind of unlawful restraint of trade?

If we could get a legislator to work on this very flawed system it would be great. I have owned for about 26 years. Did the AG look into any of these things?

While many of the exchange companies may give you 2 or three weeks for your MC week, The amount of points that RCI allots you is better. However, they kill you with those exchange fees of $239 every time you exchange! It makes you wonder if you should even bother.

So let's change this industry. Every day someone tries a new scam. This needs to stop too!