Timeshare Companies

Dream Travel Condos anyone?

I would love to talk to you since I to was a vendor that she did not pay

Helpful? 0 0

Report her to the federal trade commission that handles timeshare fraud. Their phone number is 1-877-382-4357

This sordid affair proves that ethics due matter. Say what you are going to do and do what you say. Thats a pretty simple concept.

Just took a few months to topple a 10 year business.

Are you listening Peter? Are you listening Susan?

It took a long time for Bernie Madoff's scam to fall apart. Looks like Tonya's is on the way down the river. The bankruptcy court can deny her petition for bankruptcy if they conclude that she used fraudulent practices. File the findings with the bankruptcy court and see if that could generate an investigation into her business practices.

Unfortunately I have the same horrid experience. I rented a week from Tonya Williams at Dream Travel Condo through the VRBO site and paid for 1 week stay at a timeshare in St Marten. I have no confirmation for my vacation and they have no record of it being reserved. I have tried contacting her email & calling her, but to no avail. She has filed for bankruptcy. I contacted VRBO and they are investigating the situation and took her site down. Does not seem to be any recourse through VRBO. Left many people stranded in St Marten without reservations, the front desk had to frantically call other hotels to try and place them. I had to book another week through someone else because my airline tickets are already purchased. This has been a nightmare. Now I have paid for the same week twice. Have been traveling many years and never had such a thing happen. You would think if someone knew they were filing for bankruptcy they would no longer take your money. That would be the honest reputable way of doing things. I hope there is a mechanism to get our money back, after all, this is unfair and deceptive practices.

If you paid through a credit card or pay pal dispute the charge and they should reverse the charge. Tonya will do like she always does not respond.

Thank you I just did, they will mail over paper work.

Add me to any list of scammed victims: James R Cotton; jrcotton@juno.com

I can not find the Facebook group 😕

lescliff@hotmail.com

Leslie Smith

waiting to be accepted on the Facebook page. I really hope we can get enough people to prove that her actions were all premeditated. We have given her hundreds and thousands of dollars for blocks through 2016 and 17 in Aruba, Myrtle beach, Florida. She cannot get away with this!

I have just filed a complaint with the FTC. She got me for a VRBO listing (#362944) Wyndham bonett creek resort.I paid via paypal on January 29th. I also filed with Paypal to hopefully get refund of the money. Makes me wary to even rent again through anyone.

Last edited by joannar36 on Feb 10, 2015 07:22 AM

All vendors should file with the bankruptcy court to expose her business practices and ask them to deny her petition for bankruptcy. They can refer her case for criminal investigation if they see suspicious activity.

marilynv34 wrote:
waiting to be accepted on the Facebook page. I really hope we can get enough people to prove that her actions were all premeditated. We have given her hundreds and thousands of dollars for blocks through 2016 and 17 in Aruba, Myrtle beach, Florida. She cannot get away with this!

Tonya, I am in the same situation as Casey. We've booked Playa Linda March 8 - 15 2015 and I've got an auto generated email from VRBO that this listing is not valid anymore. Looking for you to clarify my situation. Office phone of Dream Travel Condos is invalid now, so is your cell phone on which we talked while I gave you my card information to paid in full. Please get in touch with me. As you understand we are very concern with the situation. thanks!

Contact your credit card company or paypal whichever you used to get the charges reversed if she fails to respond to you. Her M O is not respond so don't expect any contact from her.

Thanks! I will contact AMEX asap... I also joined the FB page

Last edited by arkadyb3 on Feb 11, 2015 12:12 PM

just recieved a bankruptcy notice in the mail from Mississippi Northern District. Dream Travel Condos (Tonya) is the filer/debtor. The case is proceeding through court system. OF NOTE; document says NOT to file claims now since "there does not appear to be any property available to the trustees to pay creditors"

That makes no sense, she just recently ripped off so many people who have no reservations where is all the money she took and rendered no services. What a scam, the bankruptcy courts needs to take all of this into consideration.

File a claim with the bankruptcy court and ask them to deny her petition for bankruptcy due to fraud if she took money knowing she was not going to provide a service. They court can refer her case for criminal prosecution. Especially the vendors need to file complaints.

Last edited by donp196 on Feb 11, 2015 02:37 PM

She should have her protection voided. Tonya met with an attorney regarding bankruptcy, took money from a guest on a Friday and filed bankruptcy on a Tuesday. Clearly intentional. No assets - almost sure she sent the money offshore. She knew that this was coming. Can her personal assets be touched if it is proven that this scheme was felony fraud?

Last edited by phyl21 on May 13, 2015 09:43 PM


Reply to this thread

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Related discussions