Silver Lake Resort

Silver Lake Bulk Rentals

Nov 02, 2006

As an owner, I find it very wrong that Silver Lake is allowing a volume broker to list units below maintenance fees that I pay each year. I own both a 1 bedroom as well as a 3 bedroom unit here. Why bother owning if I can rent here for less than I am currently paying each year. I would like to hear what other owners have to say on this issue. Keith Macartney - owner for well over 10 years

Keith M.
Apr 16, 2007

i agree totally!!! we are currently looking for information on selling our timeshare at silverlake. we have seen numerous other resorts where we can rent a week for cheaper than our maintenance fee!!

k miller, owner for over 5 years

K M.
Aug 26, 2007

Have you been able to sell your timeshare? I see that the average timeshare price fluctuates so much, every site that I have checked has numerous timeshares at Silverlake for sale, I'm wondering how sucessful other owners have been in selling.

Dina S.
Apr 04, 2008

dinas12 wrote:
Have you been able to sell your timeshare? I see that the average timeshare price fluctuates so much, every site that I have checked has numerous timeshares at Silverlake for sale, I'm wondering how sucessful other owners have been in selling.

I have had a timeshare at Silver lake over 2 years now and I see the same units at much reduced rates than what I paid for. Interest in buying timeshares at Silverlake is zero so reselling will be difficult unless you take a loss!

Rodger L.
Jul 03, 2008

We just purchased our 2 bedroom timeshare at Silver Lake on ebay. We only had to pay $1.00 plus closing and maintenance fees. We intend to trade ours through RCI and use our points for destinations other than Orlando. Just thought that might be of interest.

Merrie S.
Jul 01, 2010

Who is doing the bulk rentals? How did you learn about this? I just want to be sure the info is accurate before I react to this problem.

Karen J.
Apr 23, 2011

I have seen the bulk rentals too. In 2010 the price was $700 for a week at Silver Lake so we had to lower our price below that to have someone take it. We paid $858 in maintenance fees this year, so we basically 'sponsored' the people to stay at Silver Lake. Management of the resort are scamsters. There are plenty of units for sale for this resort, including 2 on this site for $1,000 and $2,250. We bought our timeshare in 1994 for $14,000 ... really poor decision.

George I.
Feb 12, 2013

in 2001 we bought a 2 bdrm for 11,400,with 86,000 pts. the maint.was 433.oo every 2 yrs., as was our pts. it is now 877.00 with seemly no end in sight for increases,more than double. so unfair. we also pay property tax on the odd year.

Alice G.
Aug 20, 2017

Hi you paid 14000 dollars we paid 14000 pounds sterling imagine how ripped/robbed we feel we pay almost 1000 dollars maintenance each year and as you say could rent an apartment cheaper. I seriously wonder if a detailed inspection is needed regarding these extortionate maintenance fees, is this just for RCI clients or every unit on site, as there are approximately 500 units that's a lot of maintenance money!

Diane G.
Aug 20, 2017

You probably feel you got a bargain and as you didn't pay out thousands for this maybe you did get a deal, however like the rest of us you now have an annual maintenance fees to pay which might be low for first couple years but will increase ours has trebled. Plus RCI annual fees then you choose to use your points elsewhere this fee was reasonable at first but again have increased. We were told we could use points against cruises flights etc. However to pay for a cruise we need 3 years of our 154000 points to book a fairly cheap cruise, it would have been cheaper to have never purchased RCI and paid for holidays as and when we wanted. To make matters worse no one wants to buy these packages and we are tied for life.

Diane G.
Aug 20, 2017

Sorry, me again. Just read a lot of reviews (2015-2017) dated rooms, damp, unclean, bed bugs (disgusting) and poor amenities. Older units receiving the most complaints. My maintenance is based on an older unit so what is happening with my money why are these older units not being maintained and why are facilities not being improved it's been over ten years since we visited I would expect improvements to silver lake in that time not all these complaints!

Diane G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.