Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Orange Lake Resort - West Village

New points based Global Access and RCI points

Dec 22, 2006

cimarrons wrote:
Estelle ask a global access rep what 3 wks is worth in points and if it does make u a Premier VIP oWNER if so u get Guaranteed unit view any time of year any village on the resort any size unit even the new 5bed4bath penthouse in river island on the top floor and u can see all of disney and even Mount Everest looks like a Ski mountain with snow on it .Its nice stayed in it last week with 18 members of my family.Nice option to have and very few owners are at that Level so you hace no competition.Ask for Cimarron if u ever need any help upgrading for really cheap._________________ 1 upgrade converts all your weeks for free.
I have week 44 in 3 bedroom 3 bath penthouse and my exchange company is RCI we can almost nver get comparable exchange since the majority of resorts are 2 bedroom what is the procedure to change to points and is it advisable to do so?

Robert N.
Dec 22, 2006

a 2b reservatiion using pts will use about 2/3 the points amount of your 3b and leave u with xtra points to use at any other time.If u go to resorts of lesser quality or amenitie and demand than O.L. then u use even lesser pts.You can use all your pts to extend your stay even longer as well at pts resorts by the night.If you want to change, it depends on if you bought from the developer or on secondary market.Also it depends on your future needs and how u would use it.Call your toll free # for OLCC and extention 1036 and ask for Peter Cozier he helped me out to upgrade for a reasonable amount

Cimarron S.
Dec 26, 2006

cimarrons wrote:
a 2b reservatiion using pts will use about 2/3 the points amount of your 3b and leave u with xtra points to use at any other time.If u go to resorts of lesser quality or amenitie and demand than O.L. then u use even lesser pts.You can use all your pts to extend your stay even longer as well at pts resorts by the night.If you want to change, it depends on if you bought from the developer or on secondary market.Also it depends on your future needs and how u would use it.Call your toll free # for OLCC and extention 1036 and ask for Peter Cozier he helped me out to upgrade for a reasonable amount
thanks very much we bought intially from the resort direct and were also upgraded thru a direct buy our rep was Bob Timlinson so hopefully and transition to point would be fairly smooth thanks very much

Robert N.
Dec 27, 2006

Cimarrons, Could you elaborate about the VT Ski Resort you mentioned. I hadn't heard about that.

FYI, I just got back from a week at OLCC. River Island is really is amazing. Kids actually didn't want to go to Disney one day and opted for River Island instead. I ended up buying a 3br lockout wk 31 at RI, and upgrading my 2BR Golf Villa wk 30 to points. Couldn't be happier. In my opinion it's hard to compare OLCC before and after they added River Island. It was great before, but IMO RI has put the resort in a class WAY above just about any other Family oriented timeshare I have stayed at. I'm sure the push to convert to points at about the same time RI opened is not coincidental. It's a way for management to get a bit more $'s out of existing members to cover the huge construction cost of that park. I do think the added flexibility is worth the investment. Especially with many RCI affiliated resorts going to points. Every year it seems to be getting harder and harder to get a week for week trade. I do really feel bad for owners that bought resales (as I did with my Golf Villa). That is a BIG hit to convert to points. Actually more $'s then I paid for the week in the first place. Of course people in this situation (like me) have had the benefit of owning at OLCC for next to nothing so I guess It's hard to complain. Luckily they converted for free when I bought new or I'm not sure what I would have done.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

Garret C.
Dec 28, 2006

garyb123 wrote:
cimarrons wrote:
TOO BAD in a million years what u own couldnt get u into orange lake now or ever but nice try buddy keep trying and if u dont own @ the largest resort bordering disney then why look at what we are talking about thanks for your worthless point of view
Sorry, one last time. Just an FYI...I am an owner at Orange Lake CC and am lucky enough to own other timeshares as well. This fact gives me the objective perception of what else is out there. Orange Lake is a beautiful place...just the offer the administration is making is, unfortunately, not in the best interest of the owners. They want to make a lot of money at our expense.
I'M CURIOUS ABOUT YOUR OTHER PROPERTY AND HOW IT ACTUALLY COULD GIVE MORE VALUE IN TRADES THAN YOUR ORANGE LAKE PROPERTY

Jerry E.
Dec 28, 2006

I dont understand your question about more value.If u mean more flexibility it's a awesome option for snow skiing and also as a mmore local option for people up north. As well as an option internally for the owners that have been added to the Orange Lake family of resorts here in Orlando.And eventually anywhere that owners say they also like to go

Cimarron S.
Dec 28, 2006

Very smart to take advantage now Garret.Prices will be getting very expensive in the future also the free conversions for existing owners with the purchase of a new week probably wont last long

Cimarron S.
Dec 28, 2006

Bob Naz I know Bobby T ,he is no longer there,but if u need assistance I can help

Cimarron S.
Dec 28, 2006

cimarrons wrote:
Very smart to take advantage now Garret.Prices will be getting very expensive in the future also the free conversions for existing owners with the purchase of a new week probably wont last long

I was wondering...do you know the name of the resort in VT that Orange lake is affiliated with? As I mentioned, I hadn't heard of this, and since I am in CT, and I SKI, that would be of great interest to me.

Thanks.

Garret C.
Dec 28, 2006

call 1888ugo4fun and ask them the actual name of the resort and its location and if u dont mind let me know or i can find out on Saturday and let u know.I think its in Stowe

Cimarron S.
Dec 29, 2006

cimarrons wrote:
Bob Naz I know Bobby T ,he is no longer there,but if u need assistance I can help
Thank you I have made contact with Global Access they said that someone will call back after the 1st of the year ,so you know Bob T also? Since my wifes family is from CT the majorority of our trades will be to New England with a preference for Cape Cod my family are in OR/UT

Robert N.
Dec 30, 2006

garyb123 wrote:
cimarrons wrote:
good so u understand why they added it because owners wanted more flexibility more options other than Orlando as well as other ways to enjoy vacationing.the more existing owners who join the bigger it will get and also the better it will get. All new owners pay to own with global access included in the price 18000 to 38000 and that will definately go up after the introductory year.Also look in your RCI book MARCUS GRAND @ LAKE GENEVA IS NOW ORANGE LAKE @ LAKE GENEVA WISCONSIN the old PLAYBOY CLUB OUTSIDE OF CHICAGO .ALSO A NEW AMAZING SKI RESORT IN VERMONT WAS JUST BOUGHT AS WELL AS A BEACH RESORT IN FLORIDA AL THIS IN THE FIRST YEAR JUST KEEP WAITING .ALSO DO YOU KNOW WEEKS MEMBERS CANT EXCHANGE INTO POINTS RESORTS 30% of the Rci exchange system . DO SOME RESEARCH AND THEN REPLY IM A VIP PREMIER MEMBER WITH GLOBAL ACCESS MY 3 WKS AND ONLY 3 MAINT> FEES CAN GET ME 6-8 WKS A YR OF VACATION How about yours? My internal exchanges are $25 and external anywhere in the world are $79 for 4 nghts or less or $99 for 5 nghts or more. Would u like more info
No, thankyou. I can see you're a great salesman with a narrow focus...who has also been sold a bill of goods. I own a one week bedroom at another resort which if traded in RCI points would allow me two weeks of high season in a two bedroom at Orange Lake. ( or three weeks of low season ). Like you said all for one week (acccording to your calculation) that appears to be four to six weeks at other places for one maintenance fee. The best part is that they only charge $20.00 for internal exchanges. So yes, it sounds like you're very happy...but coming from another resort and knowing what else is out there, Orange Lake's Global Access just doesn't measure up to justify its cost to present owners.

Jerry E.
Dec 30, 2006

garyb123 wrote:
cimarrons wrote:
good so u understand why they added it because owners wanted more flexibility more options other than Orlando as well as other ways to enjoy vacationing.the more existing owners who join the bigger it will get and also the better it will get. All new owners pay to own with global access included in the price 18000 to 38000 and that will definately go up after the introductory year.Also look in your RCI book MARCUS GRAND @ LAKE GENEVA IS NOW ORANGE LAKE @ LAKE GENEVA WISCONSIN the old PLAYBOY CLUB OUTSIDE OF CHICAGO .ALSO A NEW AMAZING SKI RESORT IN VERMONT WAS JUST BOUGHT AS WELL AS A BEACH RESORT IN FLORIDA AL THIS IN THE FIRST YEAR JUST KEEP WAITING .ALSO DO YOU KNOW WEEKS MEMBERS CANT EXCHANGE INTO POINTS RESORTS 30% of the Rci exchange system . DO SOME RESEARCH AND THEN REPLY IM A VIP PREMIER MEMBER WITH GLOBAL ACCESS MY 3 WKS AND ONLY 3 MAINT> FEES CAN GET ME 6-8 WKS A YR OF VACATION How about yours? My internal exchanges are $25 and external anywhere in the world are $79 for 4 nghts or less or $99 for 5 nghts or more. Would u like more info
No, thankyou. I can see you're a great salesman with a narrow focus...who has also been sold a bill of goods. I own a one week bedroom at another resort which if traded in RCI points would allow me two weeks of high season in a two bedroom at Orange Lake. ( or three weeks of low season ). Like you said all for one week (acccording to your calculation) that appears to be four to six weeks at other places for one maintenance fee. The best part is that they only charge $20.00 for internal exchanges. So yes, it sounds like you're very happy...but coming from another resort and knowing what else is out there, Orange Lake's Global Access just doesn't measure up to justify its cost to present owners.
garyb what other resort do you own at besides OLCC?

Jerry E.
Jan 01, 2007

jerrye19 wrote:
garyb123 wrote:
cimarrons wrote:
garyb what other resort do you own at besides OLCC?
We own a unit in Whistler-Blackholm which we use every year with our family. We have also gone there at other times of the year with friends who own time shares there...and also to a couple different WorldMark resorts. (for those not familier with Whistler, it is a four season resort which is especially nice during August/September and during ski season)

Gary B.

Last edited by garyb123 on Jan 01, 2007 09:07 PM

Jan 01, 2007

jerrye19 wrote:
garyb123 wrote:
cimarrons wrote:
TOO BAD in a million years what u own couldnt get u into orange lake now or ever but nice try buddy keep trying and if u dont own @ the largest resort bordering disney then why look at what we are talking about thanks for your worthless point of view
Sorry, one last time. Just an FYI...I am an owner at Orange Lake CC and am lucky enough to own other timeshares as well. This fact gives me the objective perception of what else is out there. Orange Lake is a beautiful place...just the offer the administration is making is, unfortunately, not in the best interest of the owners. They want to make a lot of money at our expense.
I'M CURIOUS ABOUT YOUR OTHER PROPERTY AND HOW IT ACTUALLY COULD GIVE MORE VALUE IN TRADES THAN YOUR ORANGE LAKE PROPERTY
If you're looking only at points (as cimarrons does) my one week at Whistler is worth 144,000 RCI points. Orange Lakes most valuable (high season) 2 bedroom week is 83,000 RCI points (lowest is 50,000 RCI points) and their (Orange Lake) highest 3 bedroom is 111,000 RCI points (lowest 66,500 points.)

Gary B.

Last edited by garyb123 on Jan 01, 2007 08:54 PM

Jan 01, 2007

garyb123 wrote:
jerrye19 wrote:
garyb123 wrote:
cimarrons wrote:
If you're looking only at points (as cimarrons does) my one week at Whistler is worth 144,000 RCI points. Orange Lakes most valuable (high season) 2 bedroom week is 83,000 RCI points (lowest is 50,000 RCI points) and their (Orange Lake) highest 3 bedroom is 111,000 RCI points (lowest 66,500 points.)

Garyb123 With the new global access system at orange lake, do you think that any high quality 2 or 3 bedrooms will get to RCI, or will Global Access upgrade their own owners and put the remainder into the RCI system? Would this potentially limit what you may be able to access with points from your Whistler resort?

Jerry E.
Jan 02, 2007

garyb123 wrote:
jerrye19 wrote:
garyb123 wrote:
cimarrons wrote:

Orange lakes villages are divided now, and not all the same points values. In Orange Lakes River Island highest point value for a two BR is 87,000 points, and a 3 bedroom is 140,000 points.

Garret C.
Jan 03, 2007

garretc4 wrote:
garyb123 wrote:
jerrye19 wrote:
garyb123 wrote:
cimarrons wrote:

Orange lakes villages are divided now, and not all the same points values. In Orange Lakes River Island highest point value for a two BR is 87,000 points, and a 3 bedroom is 140,000 points.

Thanks for the update 'Garretc4'. The figures I had were those furnished me by Orange Lake last summer (2006). At that point they did not mention anything about the villages being divided so I wonder if that is something they did to further the division of unit ratings within the community.

Gary B.
Jan 03, 2007

jerrye19 wrote:
garyb123 wrote:
jerrye19 wrote:
garyb123 wrote:
cimarrons wrote:

Garyb123 With the new global access system at orange lake, do you think that any high quality 2 or 3 bedrooms will get to RCI, or will Global Access upgrade their own owners and put the remainder into the RCI system? Would this potentially limit what you may be able to access with points from your Whistler resort?

A couple questions...I'll try to answer. 1) It appears that Whistler time will always be able to trade into Orange Lake but OL may(!) not be able to trade to Whistler. With that said, I believe both resorts have a 2 to 3 year out time..meaning you cannot come every year unless you own at the resort. now 2)..Will Orange Lake upgrade owners before putting out to RCI?..Who knows! I would think that is what they would claim however by holding the best and giving RCI the rest does not present a good image to RCI guests..and this is one factor that drives the red/blue/white categories and may also drive the point values. What I find interesting is 'garretc4' comments where he says OL has divided their villages so that not all the villages have the same point value for the equivalent bedrooms. This kinda says that even if you own at Orange Lake (with points) you may not be able to trade outside your village without either needing more points or having points left over.

Gary B.
Jan 03, 2007

Im no expert, but durring my recent tour/purchase in Dec. the impression I got was that OL owners will have "First dibs" on trades inside Orange lake. However I'm sure there will always be a decent amount of inventory left to go to RCI as the percentage of people that trade out is fairly high. For what it's worth.... I own a 2BR in the West Village and also just bought in River Island. It is true that the resorts are devided up now and will have different values. If you go on RCI's website OL River Island resort has it's own code and page with the point values listed. I didn't check for the others but I would guess they are there as well. You are correct that a West village 2 BR would not trade evenly for a 2 BR in River Island. Although I loose out on my West village 2 BR as far as point value, it's hard to argue with the logic seeing that the people who buy in River Island are paying A LOT for those units. Not to mention the higher maintenance fees. I'm sure no one would buy there if they thought they could buy resale in one of the other villages and just trade into the newer vaillages at will. The other big change is that the whole year is not the same value as it was with "Weeks" where all were "RED". Higher point values are assigned to higher demand times of the year. It seems to me that this point system is a sneaky way to "un-level" the playing field. In other words they will do away with you being able to trade a 15 year old red week 2 bedroom for a premium new 2br in an other resort as if they were of equal value. This will force owners to exchange their units for like-value units, or save up there points and travel every other year to trade up. One other interesting sales tactic is that there are "Tiers" of ownership. Owning more points moves you up to several differnt levels, with benefits at each level. I can't remember them all, but one nice benefit they dole out is that at a certain level you get an automatic upgrade to the next size unit. In other words, if you reserve a 2 BR, they will give you a 3 BR for the same point value. Not a bad deal if it actually pans out. - hope all this helps

Garret C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.