Pueblo Bonito Resort at Emerald Bay

lack of satisfactory gym

Dec 13, 2006

For how many years have we been told that a new and wonderful gym was going to be built? In the meantime, they have completed construction on more units, etc which makes the wait at the gym during high season quite unacceptable. They also started Sunset Beach after Emerald Bay yet seemed to have been able to provide complete and appropriate appointed services to their owners.

Deborah B.
Mar 10, 2007

Have you been to sunset beach do they have kitchens ? It doesn't sound like it from the description. We like the kitchen . We love Emerald bay we don't work out when on vacation besides the pool volleyball.

Gale M.
Mar 10, 2007

galem3 wrote:
Have you been to sunset beach do they have kitchens ? It doesn't sound like it from the description. We like the kitchen . We love Emerald bay we don't work out when on vacation besides the pool volleyball.

The larger units at Sunset Beach have kitchens. But be prepared to hike from your room to the beach/pool or wait an inordinate amount of time or a golf cart. Be prepared for wall-to-wall people. It will be interesting if you can get an exchange during the Dec-April time period; Sunset Beach considers Emerald Bay to be an inferior property and says that it will be years before we will be able to trade (and we own a xmas week presidential.

Deborah B.
Aug 12, 2007

deborah313 wrote:
For how many years have we been told that a new and wonderful gym was going to be built? In the meantime, they have completed construction on more units, etc which makes the wait at the gym during high season quite unacceptable. They also started Sunset Beach after Emerald Bay yet seemed to have been able to provide complete and appropriate appointed services to their owners.

Did you write and complain to the owner? If not, do so! ITs time that ALL PB's get the same attention! Helen

Helen S.
Aug 12, 2007

deborah313 wrote:
galem3 wrote:

The larger units at Sunset Beach have kitchens. But be prepared to hike from your room to the beach/pool or wait an inordinate amount of time or a golf cart. Be prepared for wall-to-wall people. It will be interesting if you can get an exchange during the Dec-April time period; Sunset Beach considers Emerald Bay to be an inferior property and says that it will be years before we will be able to trade (and we own a xmas week presidential.

You won't want to trade! Cabo is EXPENSIVE - the resort is waaaaaayyyyy ouuuuutttt and cab fare is expensive to get from the resort to town, the hills in the resort make it hard to get around and like posted elsewhere - the WAIT for those little cars can be interminable! PBEB inferior?? Hardly!! We went there and won't be going back to any PB's as Cabo is like being in southern CA!! Mostly Americans in the stores, shops, etc. and very expensive!!

Helen

Helen S.
Aug 12, 2007

All of the PBs are a rip off of one sort or another. Promises, promises, promises and all they do is build more units and crowd people in like a NY subway.. Emerald bay is starting to look shabby and the owners never respond to any inquiries. We just sold and would never, ever consider another property related to Pueblo Bonito. BTW, don't expect to get much money for your unit, even if it is a top floor, full view of water, presidential suite, christmas week. We had to give it away just to get out of going there.

Deborah B.
Jan 12, 2008

i was just there today...the spa/gym is moving along. my guess would be that the 16000 sf spa will be open by mid year....

Ed B.
Mar 06, 2008

deborah313 wrote:
All of the PBs are a rip off of one sort or another. Promises, promises, promises and all they do is build more units and crowd people in like a NY subway.. Emerald bay is starting to look shabby and the owners never respond to any inquiries. We just sold and would never, ever consider another property related to Pueblo Bonito. BTW, don't expect to get much money for your unit, even if it is a top floor, full view of water, presidential suite, christmas week. We had to give it away just to get out of going there.

Geeez I wished I was around when you gave it away, I would have snatched it up in a NY second. I love PB resorts and will stay at them in Mexico before other resorts. By the way I currently own 4 all bought resale of course.

Harold N.

Last edited by nazclk on Mar 06, 2008 10:15 AM

Apr 18, 2008

nazclk wrote:
deborah313 wrote:

Geeez I wished I was around when you gave it away, I would have snatched it up in a NY second. I love PB resorts and will stay at them in Mexico before other resorts. By the way I currently own 4 all bought resale of course.

I wished I had been there to get your unit also!! I can't believe you JUST GAVE IT AWAY!! Write the owner and complain! We just had folks take our unit on a swap and they loved it! They didn'tsay anything was shabby.

Helen S.
Nov 11, 2008

deborah313 wrote:

Guess here must have been a lot of crabbing since we were there last Nov. We worked out in the gym this October and found it to be on par with the Gold's gyms here in Boise. Looking forward to the next trip down.

Ernest P.
Nov 19, 2015

Where is the gym you want - at PB mazatlan?

Helen S.
Nov 19, 2015

PLEASE contact me as regards your presidential at Emerald Bay. I am trying to sell mine and they are telling me I cannot split it to sell the junior suite. I would like to know what YOU were told when you bought! I think its time for a class action suit to give the PB group negative publicity. That seems to be the only way to get their attention! hsabin1@gmail.com

Helen S.
Nov 19, 2015

This is really sad to hear about your sale. We may do the same thing - I am most disappointed in PB!!

deborah313 wrote:

Helen S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.