Fiesta Americana Vacation Club at Cancun

Advice please: First trip to Cancun with Family

Dec 14, 2006

In early June, our family will be making our first trip to Cancun, staying at the FAVC for a week. Any resort reviews, area recommendations (for adults and young teenagers), or general travel tips for this resort would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Barbara W.
Feb 15, 2007

barbara296 wrote:
In early June, our family will be making our first trip to Cancun, staying at the FAVC for a week. Any resort reviews, area recommendations (for adults and young teenagers), or general travel tips for this resort would be appreciated. Thanks!!
We will also be there in early June with our teenagers. I hope you recieve some information regarding this resort and area.

Karen P.
Mar 14, 2007

barbara296 wrote:
HI there.our family of 5 just got back from our week at the favc and I wouldn't recommend the place to anyone. Although the people were very nice the resort is 27 years old and lived thru the hurricane. The first two floors were water damaged and our room on the 4th floor had mold in the bathrooms.... much better than other rooms that people we met had. The jacuzzi was gross and not hot. The pool is not heated and was very cold. The foyer of the VC is all remodeled but the rooms are not. There are some select rooms that are for show but unless you complain and ask to be continual moved until you approve of your accomodations,goodluck. I wish someone told me this before I went down to Mexico. The pictures on line and in the books look great but there are four FA in cancun and three are very nice hotels and diamond rated hotels that dont compare to the VC in ANY WAY. Oh..........the beach front also was washed out by the hurricane so there is not much space for the kids to play unless you go next door to the other resort... hope this helps......... check it out!

Regan D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.