Jan 09, 2007

Will be going there on March 3rd. Will respond to any questions asked.

David H.
Apr 01, 2007

how was the lack of air conditioning and the chickens I have read complaints about?

Mike J.
Apr 01, 2007

We really didn't hear any chickens or roosters crowing around LBR. They didn't seem to be as prevalent in the Poipu area as in other areas of the island. The room was okay without A/C. The problem was we had another couple sharing the 1 bdr Ali'i unit and we had the bedroom door closed at night. That prevented some circulation. Then we had to close the drapes as the outside overhead light in the corridor was right outside our room. It was a touch warm but not uncomfortable. During the day, the room was very comfortable with the trades blowing through.

Everything worked well in the unit. They are in the process of replacing the bathroom exhaust fans and putting it and the bathroom light on separate switches. The bedroom TV is going to be wall mounted instead of sitting on the chest of drawers. We go back again next January.

David H.
Apr 01, 2007

meatsss wrote:
We really didn't hear any chickens or roosters crowing around LBR. They didn't seem to be as prevalent in the Poipu area as in other areas of the island. The room was okay without A/C. The problem was we had another couple sharing the 1 bdr Ali'i unit and we had the bedroom door closed at night. That prevented some circulation. Then we had to close the drapes as the outside overhead light in the corridor was right outside our room. It was a touch warm but not uncomfortable. During the day, the room was very comfortable with the trades blowing through.

Everything worked well in the unit. They are in the process of replacing the bathroom exhaust fans and putting it and the bathroom light on separate switches. The bedroom TV is going to be wall mounted instead of sitting on the chest of drawers. We go back again next January.

Thanks for the info. We are going to hawaii in july and have two weeks on the big island. We are looking for an rci exchange thru our hilton resort and they called with this resort. I'm concerned about the AC in july. We will have our two teenage children with us and we would prefer a two bedroom but they called with a one. How roomy is the one bedroom and how accommodating are the staff at the resort?

Mike J.
Apr 02, 2007

I doubt you can upgrade to a 2 bdr unit as they are usually very full in the summer. The unit is roomy. Our friends used the sleep sofa and said it was very good. Plenty of storage to put clothes away. Paddle fans in both the living room and bedroom. We found the staff very helpful on a range of matters at the resort, just not on upgrading to a larger unit.

David H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.