Jan 30, 2007

I'm planning to go to the grand mayan in august. i keep hearing the weather is very hot and possibly rainy. we need to travel when my child is out of school is the weather that bad? it will be my first visit to the grand mayan. i see from reviews it's a beautiful resort. thanks for any/all info.

Joanne R.
Mar 17, 2007

Yes, it can be rainy but usually only last a few hours or during the night. I was their two years ago during August and it was very nice some days and partial clouds others and rained hard some nights but sunny the next morning. It is their rainy season but still nice.

John C.
Jun 01, 2008

joanne800 wrote:
I'm planning to go to the grand mayan in august. i keep hearing the weather is very hot and possibly rainy. we need to travel when my child is out of school is the weather that bad? it will be my first visit to the grand mayan. i see from reviews it's a beautiful resort. thanks for any/all info.
We went August 21st last year for our honeymoon. We were supposed to go to Cancun but Hurricane Dean made us change those plans last minute. In the 7 days we were there, it rained 6 with 4 of those days being complete washouts. Now, this probably had to do with the hurricane crossing over Mexico so it may not be the norm. However, it rained so much that any ocean activities were not an option. The water was muddy brown so when we tried snorkling you could barely see the fish. The water is very dirty this time of year. When it wasn't raining, it was extremely humid! Worse than I've ever experienced. I hate to say it, but I wouldn't go this time of year if I were you. We will never go back in August again. Sorry, but I'd hate for you to be as disappointed with the weather as we were.

Rebecca F.
Jan 13, 2009

I am planning a trip to Nuevo Vallarta in March 2009. I'd like to know what to expect of the weather that time of year? Also, how far is it to the beach? Is there only one beach for the resort?

Renise L.
Jan 17, 2009

Just came back from a 3 week stay. It is a very beautiful resort. Only owners can have ocean view, so you might get stuck looking at the parking garage. August would be very hot and humid. If you can deal with humidity, might be ok. I personally wouldn't go in August. I would try for Spring break or Christmas vacation.

Lin/Joe

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.