French Quarter

Recent fire at French Quarter

Feb 11, 2007

I have heard there was a fire at the French Quarter. If this is true, how extensive was the damage and when do repairs expect to be completed? I would like to know if the information about the fire is not true as well.

Greg M.
Mar 16, 2007

greg1161 wrote:
I have heard there was a fire at the French Quarter. If this is true, how extensive was the damage and when do repairs expect to be completed? I would like to know if the information about the fire is not true as well.
We just got back from Branson and visited French Quarter. According to our sales person, there was an electrical fire, but was at their welcome center/sales office up front. They are going to tear down the front buildings and hotel up front after building the newer timeshare buildings in the back this year.

Alexy M.
Mar 18, 2007

alexym wrote:
greg1161 wrote:
We just got back from Branson and visited French Quarter. According to our sales person, there was an electrical fire, but was at their welcome center/sales office up front. They are going to tear down the front buildings and hotel up front after building the newer timeshare buildings in the back this year.
Thanks for the update! We have stayed at the French Quarter a couple of times and have enjoyed each time. We are happy to here the fire did not cause extensive dammage.

Greg M.

Last edited by greg1161 on Mar 18, 2007 05:59 PM

Mar 19, 2007

greg1161 wrote:
alexym wrote:
greg1161 wrote:
Thanks for the update! We have stayed at the French Quarter a couple of times and have enjoyed each time. We are happy to here the fire did not cause extensive dammage.

I am looking to buy one of the resales on the French Quarter and wondered if it was a smart decision. What would you advise on this timeshare property? Do you like the facility and what are the plans on other buildings for the French Quarter?

Alexy M.
Mar 19, 2007

alexym wrote:
greg1161 wrote:
alexym wrote:
greg1161 wrote:

I am looking to buy one of the resales on the French Quarter and wondered if it was a smart decision. What would you advise on this timeshare property? Do you like the facility and what are the plans on other buildings for the French Quarter?

If you are buying from an individual at a decent rate and have availablility Memorial Day thru Christmas, I would reccommend it. Also units in buildings 3,4,5 or 6 are preferable. It is a first rate property and I believe demand will be high as the property is built out and into the future.

Greg M.
Jun 17, 2007

I just stayed at French Quarter and had building #2. We did not get to pick which unit. So can you tell me the difference in the buildings?I am interested.Thanks

Richard J.
Nov 22, 2007

They finally have a majority of the burnt building down. There is still damage visable to the eaves of the remaining portion of the building. It appears that they've reoccupied the portion that's still standing.

Construction at French Quarter seems to move pathetically slow. It will be interesting to see if they ever rebuild the destroyed building of if they just leave it as an ugly concrete slab.

Doug P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.