World International Vacation Club - Coral Mar

World International Vacation Club - Coral Mar

Feb 11, 2007

We are considering a vacation at this resort. Anyone have any experiences or feedback with this resort?

Sharon R.
May 21, 2007

We have been going to this resort for many years. The people age great. The condos are spacious,everyone is friendly. The resort is on the lagoon, not the ocean. You cannot swim in the lagoon because from time to time there are crocodiles that come in from the back lagoons. You have to take a taxi to and from town, which is $8 to $ 10 a trip. You can walk1.15 miles to the main boulevard - Kuklakan Blvd. to catch a bus. Bus fare is only 7 pesos, but the taxi fees will kill you.

Barbara R.
Jun 13, 2007

Thank U for your advices.

I have a doubt, Is there a kitchen in every room?

Thanks in advance.

Jorge P.
Jun 14, 2007

jorgep16 wrote:
Thank U for your advices.

I have a doubt, Is there a kitchen in every room?

Thanks in advance.

There is a limited kitchen-no oven. There is a stove, microwave, blender, toaster, dishes and utensils. If you need any other utensils just ask at the frontdesk and they will get them for you. Every condo has a kitchen, living room with TV, bathroom, and two balconies. There is a restaurant - bar- palapa next to a good sized pool with one end of the pool shallow for the children. The Palapa-restaurant is very good. Excellent food and pretty reasonable. The restaurants in town are very expensive and not as good food. The drinks are reasonable, but watered down. Don't run a tab, the bartenders don't add too well. The grounds are beautiful, there are about seven 3 or 4 story buildings very well kept up. They have a taco party once a week which is very good, lots of good mexican food, dancing, games. Consuelo, whose father owns a jewelery store in Taxco comes in 2 or 3 days a week to sell jewelery. The prices are much better than in town and very good quality. We have been going there about every other year for twenty two years. The manager's name is Barbara, she is from Wisconsin. She went down there one year, fell in love wirh the area, and never went home. The trabvel agency is run by Linda. They have trips all over.If you want something not listed, tell her and she will help you get it. We love Coral Mar. It is like our second home in Cancun. Any other questions, just E-Mail me.

Barbara R.
Jun 15, 2007

Thank you for your great tips, have a beutiful day.

Jorge P.
Sep 08, 2008

we are thinking of going to this resort. how close are the tennis couts? can you fish from the beaches? is there an exercise room?

Gilbert E.
Feb 14, 2009

Does WIVC have activities for children on-site?

Michael W.
May 04, 2009

i'm from the u.s. and there's lot's of rumor about not coming to this resort due to the outbreak and tourist being kidnapped. i have already booked this trip with another couple due to come down in oct 31 to nov 7th. i need an toll free number to call this placed to ask more questions. please help!

Larez P.
May 04, 2009

larezp wrote:
i'm from the u.s. and there's lot's of rumor about not coming to this resort due to the outbreak and tourist being kidnapped. i have already booked this trip with another couple due to come down in oct 31 to nov 7th. i need an toll free number to call this placed to ask more questions. please help!

The contact information that I was able to find is:

Address c/o Coral Mar Condominiums Pok-Ta-Pok Avenue Lot 23 Cancun, Quintana Roo Mexico 77500 Reception: 011 52 998 883 0077 Office Fax 011 52 998 883 4034

Sorry, no toll free number.

Best of luck!

Marty

Marty F

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.