Timeshare Exchanges

The only place our family relaxes and is happy Condovac, Costa Rica

Mar 25, 2007

We were transferred from CR to USA, this year unfortunately we might not be able to use our week Aug- NOV . I'd like to know others experience using redweek.com to rent or exchange?

Yvette D.
May 08, 2007

I've rented two of my three weeks (at Marriott's Barony Beach in Hilton Head, SC) the past two years using Redweek. I had no problems in any of the four transactions. I had the week of Memorial Day reserved in each instance, and I posted my ad in late Feb., early March. I think my asking price was very fair ($1500/week this year), and I had several responses wanting to rent the weeks. I didn't use the escrow service, but dealt with the propective renters by phone and email. After conversations in each case, I called Marriott and added the renters name to my reservation so that they could check in when they arrive. As an owner, I am allowed to do that. Marriott then sent me a confirmation, showing my name and the renters name. I sent this to the renter, and in turn, they sent me a check. This does take a certain amount of trust on each side. While I know there are dishonest people, and those who bounce checks, I discussed this with each renter and received their assurance their check would be good. In all cases it was. Also, since I 'own' the weeks, and they were paying me before the vacation, if the check had bounced, I would have been able to remove their name from the reservation. That's where trust comes in on the renters end too - trusting that I will do what I said and they will arrive with a reservation. And that the resort is what I advertised. Maybe I'm Pollyanna, but I think most people are honest, and I usually am not disappointed. I think the weeks I reserve, which are weeks we like ourselves, and the fact that Barony is a really, really nice place in a great location, make it easy for me to rent weeks we won't use. Good luck with your TS.

Kathi L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.