Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa

Westgate Value Weeks

Mar 29, 2007

Hi

What do owners think about the idea of the 'Value' weeks that Westgate brought in about a year or so ago?

We originally bought a June week and because we usually go in November, decided to permanently change it to November to save exchange fees. At this time all weeks were equal, we were told. Westgate were happy to do this at no cost. If we had known their intentions we would not have changed weeks. This year we wanted to go in March and Westgate told us that they required an extra $500 plus exchange fee to exchange.

Karen W.
Dec 16, 2007

karenw150 wrote:
Hi

What do owners think about the idea of the 'Value' weeks that Westgate brought in about a year or so ago?

We originally bought a June week and because we usually go in November, decided to permanently change it to November to save exchange fees. At this time all weeks were equal, we were told. Westgate were happy to do this at no cost. If we had known their intentions we would not have changed weeks. This year we wanted to go in March and Westgate told us that they required an extra $500 plus exchange fee to exchange.

same thing happened to me shortly after my purchase. Very sleazey if you ask me, but they leave you with little options. Good lUCK.

William Maund
Aug 01, 2008

That bites!!! Im so glad I dont have to deal with anything like that! Luckily the 1st timeshare tour I went and purchased was one that has NO surprise fee's and all the other disappointment's to go along with it! Good luck..Hopefully ALL the timeshare companies will start to wise up and stop nickle and dimeing people to death! The point of vacation OWNERSHIP is to keep people from having to PAY $$$ for their vacation's any longer! The point's programs THAT DONT COST TO USE THEM AS POINT'S are the only one's worth the $$$.

Brandi H.
Apr 27, 2009

I am a 20 year owner, I think this is BS. When we purchased everything was RED time, and Westgate Villas was the premier place to go. Now that Mr Segal has his new empire built there isn't much sympathy for us old owners. It would seem to me they should have at least grandfathered those that were owners prior to the new policy being put in place. Granted for what I paid in 1989, today is worth about 30 cents on the dollar, and if you were to find a buyer, then Westgate will only take it back since they have first right of refusal on sells.

Craig C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.