Apr 23, 2007

Hello! Planning on coming to this resort in August. We're contemplating doing the all-inclusive. Has anyone done this? Is it worth it? Would you do it for the whole time or just 3-4 days? What's included in terms of activities, drinks, snacks?Thanks for your input!

Mary E.
Apr 26, 2007

All inclusive costs you an additional $69.00/day/ person. I don't see the benefits since you can buy drinks inexpensively during "happy hour" -2 for 1 -or go to the Gigante (supermarket)/ liquor store to buy alcohol and food. Plus one tends not to patron other restaurants in the area (which is walking distance from resort or short cab drive) because the meals have been prepaid. Let me know if you need a place at Villa del Palmar. I have mine listed - R343569. Carol E.

Cackie E.
Jun 07, 2007

marye17 wrote:
Hello! Planning on coming to this resort in August. We're contemplating doing the all-inclusive. Has anyone done this? Is it worth it? Would you do it for the whole time or just 3-4 days? What's included in terms of activities, drinks, snacks?Thanks for your input!
Hello It has value if you intend on staying at the resort and not going downtown at all and you just want to stay put and relax at the resort. The resort has alot of fun activities for you and your guests. I have stayed at this resort and used all inclusive and enjoyed not having to run downtown to shop for food or liquor.

Kenton K.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jun 07, 2007 10:05 PM

Aug 20, 2009

If a person doesn't drink or are not of age to drink, would we still get our money's worth out of an all inclusive? We are going in June and do plan to be out on some excersions. PLEVANS

Patricia E.
Dec 18, 2009

We used to love the all inclusive because we would pickel our livers with alcohol the entire time we were vacationing. That made a huge savings. But since I stopped drinking I found the all inclusive a waste of money. For $69 I could get a meal in town for 4, including drinks.

There were only two events at Villa del Palmar that I wanted to attend, and it was $80 for 4 -- again, the math didn't work out.

--Mary

Mary L.
Aug 27, 2012

Even though it is "all inclusive" the food was just average and the drinks are not top shelf and you are expected to tip the wait staff. Incidently, the wait staff are the hardest working people in the resort and almost make up for the rude and lazy management and desk workers. The bellmen are great too, one tracked down a taxi for us that we had left a camera in the day before!

Pat M.
Apr 16, 2013

Beware of timeshares! I would add as a tip, asking many questions as possible, talk with other owners and search for some company's reviews. Timeshare cancellation after the rescission period is possible, but it requires patience and time. Villa del Palmar is one of the most scammers resorts

Kelsey F.

Last edited by phyl21 on Apr 16, 2013 08:55 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.