Timeshare Companies

"The Florida Club" Information Request

Jul 04, 2007

Can anyone with a Fla TS give me any info on "The Florida Club"? During a Marriott presentation some time ago, the sales rep mentioned that Fla owners can join this Club and get priority for exchanges, or something to that effect. Can anyone clarify this? Thanks, Ray

Ray S.
Jul 05, 2007

rays39 wrote:
Can anyone with a Fla TS give me any info on "The Florida Club"? During a Marriott presentation some time ago, the sales rep mentioned that Fla owners can join this Club and get priority for exchanges, or something to that effect. Can anyone clarify this? Thanks, Ray

I am a Marriott timeshare owner with 2 silver season villas at Marriott Ocean Pointe. I have never exchanged using the Florida Club, but I will tell you what I know.

We pay Florida Club annual dues with our maintenance fees.

I think we can exchange to other Florida Club villas for a much lower fee. I don't remember the fee, but I think it is about $29.

I think the fine print is that you must trade during a like season to get the special Florida Club trade price. We own silver season. I think that the only Marriott timeshare with a silver season is Marriott in Panama City.

We can exchange to any season that is avaible to other timeshares in the Marriott system, but the exchange fee is $89.

If you own a week in a platinum or gold season, there are more Florida Club options. I know that Marriott Grande Vista in Orlando and Ocean Pointe have both seasons. This may also be true of the other Marriotts in Florida. You can easily check this with Marriott Owner Services.

Tim

Timothy S.
Jul 05, 2007

tim755 wrote:
rays39 wrote:

I am a Marriott timeshare owner with 2 silver season villas at Marriott Ocean Pointe. I have never exchanged using the Florida Club, but I will tell you what I know.

We pay Florida Club annual dues with our maintenance fees.

I think we can exchange to other Florida Club villas for a much lower fee. I don't remember the fee, but I think it is about $29.

I think the fine print is that you must trade during a like season to get the special Florida Club trade price. We own silver season. I think that the only Marriott timeshare with a silver season is Marriott in Panama City.

We can exchange to any season that is avaible to other timeshares in the Marriott system, but the exchange fee is $89.

If you own a week in a platinum or gold season, there are more Florida Club options. I know that Marriott Grande Vista in Orlando and Ocean Pointe have both seasons. This may also be true of the other Marriotts in Florida. You can easily check this with Marriott Owner Services.

Tim

thank you so much for the clarification. I will certainly contact owner services. Ray

Ray S.
Dec 28, 2010

Does the Florida Club still exist for new resale owners? Or, was this option eliminated with the introduction of the new Destination points program?

Hugh O.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.