Timeshare Companies

Whos who of redweek?

Sep 04, 2007

I log in every now and then and share my frustrations and have noticed the "redweek" veterans. It is kind of hard to tell between who is a industry expert, ex employee nut job, company rep acting as consumer, etc.. Are there employees of Redweek as users or is everyone in here just forum gurus.

Bob D.
Sep 04, 2007

Hi Bob. I'll start.......I'm not an ex employee nut job although the fine folks at CHL Marketing may disagree with the nut job part :-)

I did have a very brief business association with CHL Marketing, Inc. until I realized my monumental mistake. I admit not the best business decision I ever made. Now there definately is a lot of money being made in the advance fee timeshare resale scam if one is willing to sell their sould to do it, I wasn't. As a result I am doing my best to let people know my experiences with this company and what I have learned about this industry as a whole. I'm no industry expert by any means but by informing people of what I know hopefully that gives them useful information they can use along with their research to come to their own conclusions about advance fee resale companies. CHL operates timesharemls.org, timesharefsbo.com and timeshareresalesusa.com.

I am very passionate about this because there is no redeeming value what so ever about these resale companies.

Gary M.
Sep 04, 2007

garym172 wrote:
Hi Bob. I'll start.......I'm not an ex employee nut job although the fine folks at CHL Marketing may disagree with the nut job part :-)

I did have a very brief business association with CHL Marketing, Inc. until I realized my monumental mistake. I admit not the best business decision I ever made. Now there definately is a lot of money being made in the advance fee timeshare resale scam if one is willing to sell their sould to do it, I wasn't. As a result I am doing my best to let people know my experiences with this company and what I have learned about this industry as a whole. I'm no industry expert by any means but by informing people of what I know hopefully that gives them useful information they can use along with their research to come to their own conclusions about advance fee resale companies. CHL operates timesharemls.org, timesharefsbo.com and timeshareresalesusa.com.

I am very passionate about this because there is no redeeming value what so ever about these resale companies.

========== I'll be next, Bob. I'm just a Redweek groupie. I've owned TS since the early nineties. I've been through several presentations, made some dumb mistakes and made some good choices. I'm involved with both II and RCI Points. Hopefully I can pass along good advice along with some of the other "regulars". Good Luck TSing.

Mike N.
Sep 05, 2007

I'm here just to give timeshare advice that I've learned over the years and I'm not employed or aligned with any timeshare related company. I love helping people with my knowledge. If I can help just 10 people with their timeshare questions, I feel that the time I've spent here has been well worth it.

I've owned 9 timeshares, sold 9 timeshares, belonged to both RCI and II and have made numerous exchanges, so I believe I'm qualified to answer many (not all) questions that are asked here.

I've never dealt with points, so I seldom access the points forum.

R P.
Sep 05, 2007

bobd157 wrote:
I log in every now and then and share my frustrations and have noticed the "redweek" veterans. It is kind of hard to tell between who is a industry expert, ex employee nut job, company rep acting as consumer, etc.. Are there employees of Redweek as users or is everyone in here just forum gurus.

Hi Bob,

I own one fixed week timeshare, one flex week timeshare, RCI Points and Wyndham Vaction Club points. I find the TS industry fascinating and just try to keep up with the newest and latest by following forums shuc as this one. If I am able to contribute to a discussion or post, based on my experience, I will do so. Thanks for the question.

Greg

Greg P.
Sep 06, 2007

bobd157 wrote:
=======================================

I am not affiliated with RedWeek, nor with any other commercial entity in or around the timeshare industry, nor have I ever been so associated at any time in the past. That clearly stated, I have owned several weeks of timeshare for about 23 years now, most are fixed weeks, one is a multi-location RTU flex week. Earlier this year, I also bought into RCI points, in order to expand my trading capability by being able to convert "weeks" into "points" when convenient or preferable to do so, since quality RCI exchanges have otherwise greatly diminished in recent years. Certainly, none of the foregoing ownership information makes me an expert of any kind, but a strong legal background and plenty of experience (both good and bad) in the timeshare world has at least imparted many valuable lessons.

Having seen a lot of fraud, misrepresentation and deceit in the timeshare industry over the years (and, frankly, it's not much better even today, in my opinion), I contribute to assorted Internet forums, in order to try to help people safely enter and swim in waters which are dangerous and shark infested. However, my "tone" is too blunt and direct for a few folks here on Redweek. I certainly have no interest in "reinventing" myself to accommodate the overly sensitive, so I'll compromise by cutting back considerably on my input here on RedWeek in order not to "offend" the delicate or thin skinned. :-)

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 06, 2007 01:07 PM

Sep 06, 2007

ken1193 wrote:
bobd157 wrote:

I am not affiliated with RedWeek, nor with any other commercial entity in or around the timeshare industry, nor have I ever been so associated at any time in the past. That clearly stated, I have owned several weeks of timeshare for about 23 years now, most are fixed weeks, one is a multi-location RTU flex week. Earlier this year, I also bought into RCI points, in order to expand my trading capability by being able to convert "weeks" into "points" when convenient or preferable to do so, since quality RCI exchanges have otherwise greatly diminished in recent years. Certainly, none of the foregoing ownership information makes me an expert of any kind, but a strong legal background and plenty of experience (both good and bad) in the timeshare world has at least imparted many valuable lessons.

Having seen a lot of fraud, misrepresentation and deceit in the timeshare industry over the years (and, frankly, it's not much better even today, in my opinion), I contribute to assorted Internet forums, in order to try to help people safely enter and swim in waters which are dangerous and shark infested. However, my "tone" is too blunt and direct for a few folks here on Redweek. I certainly have no interest in "reinventing" myself to accommodate the overly sensitive, so I'll compromise by cutting back considerably on my input here on RedWeek in order not to "offend" the delicate or thin skinned. :-)

I am Judi Kozlowski with Re/MAX. Been in real Estate since 1968 and have specialized in the resale of timeshare for 11 years. I am careful about what I comment on as I am very open to libel suits. However, we do not charge any upfront fees; we belong to the TSXchange MLS that does not allow Brokers who charge upfront fees. Timeshare can be sold professionally and ethically. I also own and use timeshare

Jay K.

Last edited by timepro on Sep 06, 2007 03:40 PM

Sep 07, 2007

timesharejudi wrote:
ken1193 wrote:
bobd157 wrote:

I am Judi Kozlowski with Re/MAX. Been in real Estate since 1968 and have specialized in the resale of timeshare for 11 years. I am careful about what I comment on as I am very open to libel suits. However, we do not charge any upfront fees, we belong to the TSXchange MLS that does not allow Brokers who charge upfront fees. Timeshare can be sold professionally and ethically. I also own and use timeshare.

Hey Ken et al,

I have owned timeshare for years under both weeks and points and I do not comment often but watch this forum regularily. Mostly they are good comments made here but often are misleading! I am a financial planner for a living and own several timeshares and like JayJay, I am trying to help people understand that they can be making some very costly mistakes unless they inform themselves! Good luck!

Chris

Chris F.
Sep 08, 2007

I bought a resale, HGVC 5000 points, from Judi's company and I must say, it was done in a professional, pleasant manner. As a new owner, all questions were answered within a day and they we are on opposite coast. I would definitely say, it was one of the easiest things to buy. I truly am pleased and would recommend and deal with Remax because I feel it is someone you can trust.

Geraldine K.
Sep 08, 2007

geraldinek9 wrote:
I bought a resale, HGVC 5000 points, from Judi's company and I must say, it was done in a professional, pleasant manner. As a new owner, all questions were answered within a day and they we are on opposite coast. I would definitely say, it was one of the easiest things to buy. I truly am pleased and would recommend and deal with Remax because I feel it is someone you can trust.
====== Wonderful to hear something so positive! MD

Mary D.
Sep 08, 2007

I am not nor have I ever been an employee of a timeshare or exchange company. We bought our first two timeshares about 9 years ago in Branson: one was a floating White week at a Grandvista Resort which is now part of Westgate; the other was a points system week with Bluegreen Vacation Club. We fell in love with points! Next, we bought into the Fairfield (now Wyndham) points system and have had contracts with them rolled over from place to place till they are now quite dizzy. Then we bought floating "right to use" time with Mayan Palace in Mexico. Any of these are fine if you understand them and use them thoughtfully. It takes long range planning--and a good computer. We belong to RCI, II, Holiday Systems, and SFX exchange companies. (This is two or three too many.)

Obviously, I enjoy discussing timeshares and have a special interest in trying to track down facts and discouraging scuffles in the play yard! MD

Mary D.
Sep 09, 2007

geraldinek9 wrote:
Thank you so much for the wonderful compliment. I really appreciate it. I love my job and am happy to hear that we are doing a good job. Thank you again.

Jay K.
Sep 10, 2007

I guess maybe I am last to comment.

I do not know the structure of RedWeek, but my few dealing with Redweek have been good. I currently own one TS in Marco Island. I do not belong to any of the TS Org's. and do not have any expertise in points, rewards, etc. I have an Insurance background w/heavy legal experience (defense). I comment only on those items that I am familiar with in some fashion. I try to be polite in commenting, but sometimes you have to tell the poster the truth. I suggest that you can take JayJay's comments to heart, as he normally offers good, solid, upfront suggestions. Marty is Redweek Staff and is good. (Redweek staff always identifies themselves as Staff.)

I think it is safe to say that JayJay has led the way against "Upfront Fees"scams and has done a good job. Redweek posters need to learn to read the entire "thread" before posting a response. My personnel pet peeve is someone changing the subject in a thread, without starting a new one.

I purchased all my of TS with the intention of using them. All of ours have been purchased from the seller, via the resort. On the rare ocassion that we can't go, I have been successful in renting them. When we decide that we don't want it further, we have sold them. Have yet to lose any money.

Jon S.

Last edited by jons29 on Sep 10, 2007 03:04 PM

Sep 10, 2007

jons29 wrote:

I do not know the structure of RedWeek, but my few dealing with Redweek have been good. I currently own one TS in Marco Island. I do not belong to any of the TS Org's. and do not have any expertise in points, rewards, etc. I have an Insurance background w/heavy legal experience (defense). I comment only on those items that I am familiar with in some fashion. I try to be polite in commenting, but sometimes you have to tell the poster the truth. I suggest that you can take JayJay's comments to heart, as he normally offers good, solid, upfront suggestions. Marty is Redweek Staff and is good. (Redweek staff always identifies themselves as Staff.)

I think it is safe to say that JayJay has led the way against "Upfront Fees"scams and has done a good job. Redweek posters need to learn to read the entire "thread" before posting a response. My personnel pet peeve is someone changing the subject in a thread, without starting a new one.

I purchased all my of TS with the intention of using them. All of ours have been purchased from the seller, via the resort. On the rare ocassion that we can't go, I have been successful in renting them. When we decide that we don't want it further, we have sold them. Have yet to lose any money.

Hi. If you have never lost money on a resale of a developer bought propety, and always rent units you can't use , you are truly brilliant; and I am not being sarcastic. Stan.

stanleyf5
Sep 10, 2007

stanleyf5 wrote:
jons29 wrote:

Hi. If you have never lost money on a resale of a developer bought propety, and always rent units you can't use , you are truly brilliant; and I am not being sarcastic. Stan.

Stan; Thanks for the compliment, but I am not that brilliant. My secret: Never buy from the developer. Why would you pay $$$$$ to buy, when in a couple of years you can get in for $$. Same resort, same location, same everything.....except only $$.

Nothing brilliant....just simple everyday economics. But thanks anyway.

Jon S.
Sep 25, 2007

This forum is a great learning source, for sure. I hope to gain some more knowledge from Redweek. How do I contact the people above for my particular questions?

Richard H.

Last edited by richardh287 on Sep 25, 2007 10:59 AM

Sep 25, 2007

richardh287 asks, quoted in pertinent part:

>> How do I contact the people above for my particular questions? <<

You don't / can't contact any individual directly or privately. All commentary in these forums is out in the open, whether questions or answers or monologue. That feature is for the benefit (or sometimes, entertainment) of ALL forum visitors.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 25, 2007 12:11 PM

Oct 01, 2007

jayjay wrote:
I'm here just to give timeshare advice that I've learned over the years and I'm not employed or aligned with any timeshare related company. I love helping people with my knowledge. If I can help just 10 people with their timeshare questions, I feel that the time I've spent here has been well worth it.

I've owned 9 timeshares, sold 9 timeshares, belonged to both RCI and II and have made numerous exchanges, so I believe I'm qualified to answer many (not all) questions that are asked here.

I've never dealt with points, so I seldom access the points forum.

Jay Jay in your opinion and with your expertise--please tell me how I would sell my 2 weeks(36 and 37) at Port O'Call, Hilton Head? Thanks in advance. twiggy2shoes

Paula P.
Oct 02, 2007

paulap64 wrote:
Jay Jay in your opinion and with your expertise--please tell me how I would sell my 2 weeks(36 and 37) at Port O'Call, Hilton Head? Thanks in advance. twiggy2shoes

Port O' Call at Hilton Head is a very nice resort, but weeks 36 & 37 are not in a high demand time period such as summer. However if you bought from the developer you will get nowhere near what you paid on the resale market.

Resales typically sell for about 1/4 to 1/3 of what you paid the developer depending on supply and demand of your week(s) (exceptions are the very high end timeshares such as Disney, Marriott, Hyatt, 4 Seasons, Harborside at Atlantis and many Hawaiian resorts will garner more on the resale market etc.). It's all about supply and demand.

It's a guessing game as to what someone will pay for your weeks, but hopefully you can do some research on the internet to come up with a fair marketable price.

R P.
Oct 24, 2007

A really good info./swap-collecting place, "a not for profit" resource for all time share users (or wanabees ) is www.tug2.net Toronto Chapter meeting is on Sunday 28th Oct @ 2:00-5:00pm

Jim S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.