Nov 09, 2007

Has anyone ever had a problem with police in Cabo? I'm reading in some other forums about harassment by taxi drivers and police in Mexico. I've never experienced or witnessed anything of the sort. Just curious.

Christ A.
Jan 21, 2008

knock on wood, we have never been " bothered" by anyone other than at the airport.........and that is the right of passage for cabo..........just smile and move on.........the people there have always been gracious, and lets face it, if it wasn't for tourists, cabo would still be a quiet tuna canning community..........the police are there, but for the most part, they are there to keep the peace..........that does not mean that the boarder towns and some of the bigger towns do not have the corrupt police, some of our friends have some doozy tales of travels in, other than cabo, places in mexico.........including us.......as for the taxi drivers, they belong to a very strong group that are pretty much a monopoly in cabo........expensive, but there to serve, as long as you deal with them.........they are tough on the transpotation compitition down there.........your hotels will tell you what to expect to pay to and from most of the destinations in the area........renting a car down there will pretty much cure you from that for the rest of your cabo trips........no place to park, other than your hotel, and it is expensive once they tack on their own must have insurance charges.......take a break and let someone else drive you around, then your cocktails won't be a reason for the police to bother you.......savy?

Pamela M.
Feb 14, 2008

christa76 wrote:
Has anyone ever had a problem with police in Cabo? I'm reading in some other forums about harassment by taxi drivers and police in Mexico. I've never experienced or witnessed anything of the sort. Just curious.

We never have been bothered at all. We've been there three different times and have taken multiple road trips: to San Jose, Cabo Pulmo, La Paz, Todo Santos,and back to Cabo San Lucas.

Nancy R.
Apr 17, 2008

Never had a problem.....the Pueblo Sunset is it's own compound also. You will never see police inside of it. You have a better chance of getting on the white house grounds than getting into the Sunset without credentials.

Chris S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.