Dec 05, 2007

can I read messages in this forum without joining

Cathie M.
Dec 05, 2007

cathiem5 wrote:
can I read messages in this forum without joining

You only need to have a free guest account (which you have) to participate on our forums.

Welcome!

Marty

Marty F
Apr 06, 2008

I want to know what cost are involved if buying from a owner? Other than their asking price. WHAT OTHER FEES ARE THERE?? Please

Catherine K.
Jul 22, 2008

I don't know the answer to your question, but am also wondering about how the sales process works . We recently visited the Paradise Villages Resort and were really interested in buying there. It was going to cost us way more than we could afford, so we were thinking about purchasing through this site. Can anyone explain how it is that the re-sales are listed as "weeks", but the resort sells by the "points" system?? If I had purchased "points" I could have a 1 or 2 bedroom unit depending on which season I wanted to request. Also, some for sale are listed as right to use, while others claim to be deeded. Can anybody please clarify? Thanks,

Jackie (potential buyer)

Jacqueline B.
Oct 19, 2008

I have bought deeded PV property from developer, ebay and resellers. We love it and never trade. Points last winter were selling for $3-4 a point on site. You can divide selling price/# of points to see how good a deal you get thru the secondary market. As with any realestate sale there are closing costs, plus the California corporation for this resort also charges a transfer fee, which has changed recently so I can't give you that amount. The Corp is trying to discourage resales and have started requiring secondary market purchasers to sign a waiver acknowledging some restriction of member priveledges, ie no dicount on food/drinks, rental fees for bogey boards, bikes and a fee for spa/gym day use. These are small fees that don't negate secondary market savings.Points vs Weeks These are similiar products just merchandised differently. At PV your contract will be for a certain number of points, in a specific size unit(3bd, 2bd,1bd or studio; ocean or marina), during a set season of the year (holiday, premium, preferred, value). I can book a smaller unit than my contracted one or a lower season and stay longer. That flexibility is not available when you purchase a specific week/unit thru more conventional timeshares.

Susan V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.