Harborside Resort at Atlantis

Restrictions on the 1 Bedrooms

May 23, 2008

We are a family of 2 adults, two small children and I am presently pregnant - so hopefully we will have 3 kids by the end of the year. I know that you can purchase a day pass to Atlantis, so having an additional child won't be a problem there... but the resort says 4 people for a 1 Bdr.

Is this really a concern, or do they not really care all that much in a family situation?

And answers would be appreciated! Libby

Liberino
May 24, 2008

elizabetha58 wrote:
We are a family of 2 adults, two small children and I am presently pregnant - so hopefully we will have 3 kids by the end of the year. I know that you can purchase a day pass to Atlantis, so having an additional child won't be a problem there... but the resort says 4 people for a 1 Bdr.

Is this really a concern, or do they not really care all that much in a family situation?

Hi Libby. No cause for concern. They will always allow a 5th person in a one bedroom be it a cot or a crib. Note that "special requests" such as a crib should be requested ahead of time. Although they say the same about restaurants you can make arrangements when you are there. If you are owning or renting at Harborside you don't need any daypass. Everything is available to you. Just take a shuttle to the Atlantis; they run every 5 or 10 minutes. If you go to www.Bahamas you can locate whatever special events there are for your week. The $7.00 grocery shuttle downtown is worth the time if you want to plan meals in your timeshare. The Forum is a great place for any Harborside or Atlantis questions and it's a joyous place; pregnant or not! Have a wonderful time. Patriciagayle

Patricia T.
May 24, 2008

I wonder what the response will be when the youngest passes 4 or 5... Then it will really be 5 occupants in a accommodation that is limited to 4.

Any ideas?

Libby

Liberino
May 25, 2008

elizabetha58 wrote:
I wonder what the response will be when the youngest passes 4 or 5... Then it will really be 5 occupants in a accommodation that is limited to 4.

Any ideas?

Libby

While I cannot predict 5 years hence I do know Harborside has never turned away or even commented on a family of 5. That's why they provide cribs and cots. If they said 5 is ok then someone may decide another friend would be welcome and it really won't accommodate 6 - then it's the lockoff which accommodates another 4. Patricia Gayle

Patricia T.
Jun 22, 2008

elizabetha58 wrote:

Libby, Be sure and bring a stroller, it is a lovely stroll to main hotel are via the walk along harbor and through the shopping area. At the resort down to beach area get map and look for handicap access points for hidden elevators. Another tip bring sandwiches and sippy in cooler to beach area and order drinks and fries at restaurant. Be sure and immediately sign kids up for the aqua tot program great experince but must have water shoes. Also we didnt realize to end how inexpensive, (comparatively) was the Harborside restuarant -see my reviews from after our trip dated I think January 07, Lou Ps Be prepared for a little bit of wait at airport, so hurry in to line,,,,,

Lou P.
Jun 22, 2008

loup14 wrote:
elizabetha58 wrote:

Libby, Be sure and bring a stroller, it is a lovely stroll to main hotel are via the walk along harbor and through the shopping area. At the resort down to beach area get map and look for handicap access points for hidden elevators. Another tip bring sandwiches and sippy in cooler to beach area and order drinks and fries at restaurant. Be sure and immediately sign kids up for the aqua tot program great experince but must have water shoes. Also we didnt realize to end how inexpensive, (comparatively) was the Harborside restuarant -see my reviews from after our trip dated I think January 07, Lou Ps Be prepared for a little bit of wait at airport, so hurry in to line,,,,,

Maria W.
Jun 22, 2008

You should inquire whether you have the deluxe or premium one bedroom--they won't allow a cot in the smaller (deluxe) one bedroom as there isn't enough room--also those don't have a balcony so they are a little more confined--if you can switch to the larger one you will be more comfortable. A stroller for the kids is a must! The best way to get to the beach/pool area is to take the shuttle to the Royal Towers and head towards the right--just before the shopping area is a set of doors out to the balcony and right there is an elevator--take it down and you will walk through the Dig out to the pools--no stairs and the kids can look at all the fish while you walk.

Maria W.
Aug 01, 2008

I am confirming the response below. The cot is only allowed in certain units. Be aware you will only get wrist bands (i.e. access to Atlantis) for the number of people approved for your unit. We have the two bedroom lockoff which allows 8 and had a kid from the Reef sleep over with our daughter - and the towel hut specifically confirmed the two units (i.e. wouldn't let the 5th person on the one room we had checked in earlier).

maria985 wrote:
You should inquire whether you have the deluxe or premium one bedroom--they won't allow a cot in the smaller (deluxe) one bedroom as there isn't enough room--also those don't have a balcony so they are a little more confined--if you can switch to the larger one you will be more comfortable. A stroller for the kids is a must! The best way to get to the beach/pool area is to take the shuttle to the Royal Towers and head towards the right--just before the shopping area is a set of doors out to the balcony and right there is an elevator--take it down and you will walk through the Dig out to the pools--no stairs and the kids can look at all the fish while you walk.

Susan O.
Aug 01, 2008

Thanks everyone for the responses!

Libby

Liberino
Sep 22, 2008

Our family is considering this resort for our next vacation. Is there a map available online to help us choose the most suitable unit? We are travelling with children & will spend most of our time at the pool. Can we order food poolside as well? Thank you for your response!

Leila

Leila C.
Sep 23, 2008

Hi, Please give us some good advice. We are 3 families with a total of 10 people (6 adults, 3 children under 10 and an infant). We will be at the Atlantis for 2 weeks this October (1st time for everyone). We have a 1bdr Premium villa & a 2bdr lock off). Are the meal plans recommended? We are probably opting for cooking in our units because the meal plan seems a little expensive...? They say it does not include lunch or any kind of drinks... Also should we rent a car? How much is a cab from Airport to the Atlantis & can the transfer be pre-booked? Any recommendations as per where to eat or what to do in the Bahamas would be very appreciated. Or do most people just stay within the resort? thank you!!! Sandra

Sandy P.
Sep 30, 2008

Greetings, I posted a lengthy, informative, and amusing reply. It didn't seem to work out. Please respond and I will try to figure it out. I have been visiting Atlantis for 9 years, and owned Harborside from the onset...I am a great resource, but can't waste another 45 minutes.

Gail R.
Oct 01, 2008

HI, I'm sorry if you had trouble with posting a response. If you give me your tel number I would be happy to call you. my number is 514-648-6995. My questions are: should we rent a car? what are the cab fairs from airport? Are the meal plans recommended even if we have the full kitchen? Any afordable good restaurants?thanks Sandra

Sandy P.
Oct 13, 2008

Cab fare is $27.00 for the first 2 people and their bags. Each additonal person is $3.00 and $1.00 a bag. We did rent a car for the first 2 days which worked out very well since there were 5 of us. Car was about $70.00 but considering what the cab cost would have been plus the shuttle or cab fee to the grocery, it worked out well. We went thru Avis because they have an office downtown Nassau which saved the cost of the cab back from the airport after dropping it off. We brought frozen food for dinners in a rolling suitcase type cooler and lots of snack foods. Spent about $100 in the City Market for water, sodas and some odds and ends we wanted or forgot. Saved loads by eating in as much as possible. We had a grand time and we all would return in a heartbeat.

Linda W.
Feb 26, 2019

I know they changed the no roll away for the resort but do they still allow 5 in the premium 1 bedroom unit. I heard there was an owners provision put into place to still allow the owners to rent to families of 5. The paperwork has never said anything other than Max occupancy of 4 so you can't really go by that on the premium. We rented one a few years ago for a family of 5 and it worked out great.

Tammy W.
Sep 02, 2019

I'd like to rent my 1-bedroom premium to a family of 5, but Harborside front desk is adamant that the unit is for 4 people and 4 wristbands. I was told that if a family of 5 comes, they won't be turned away and can stay in the unit, but they will only get 4 wristbands.

Then I get an answer from familyfunatatlantis.com that there is an exception for owners renting to 5 people. All 5 will be allowed in the 1-bedroom premium and all 5 will get wristbands.

I don't know which is correct. Has anyone recently experienced firsthand what happens with 5 guests in a 1-bedroom premium unit?

Don H.
Sep 04, 2019

The wrist bands are printed with the dates for your entire stay... You also have a Room Key and that will give you access to all areas in the park.

Paul W.
Mar 16, 2023

If we book the 3 bedroom unit with an occupancy of 10 and travel with 5 adults , 5 kids and 1 “ infant” ( 1 year old ), will the infant push us over the max occupancy ? The 1 year old would not need a wristband , so just 10 wrist bands .

Rebecca A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.