Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

First refusal! How often w/wyndham resale

Jul 28, 2008

With wyndham resale. Any idea how often wyndham uses first refusal option. I understand it might take 2 to 4 months for processing. So you won't know for awhile. Do Developers rebuy if contract price is to low, (say less than 25% of their 90 min time wasting price)

Bruce H.
Jul 29, 2008

bruceh88 wrote:
With wyndham resale. Any idea how often wyndham uses first refusal option. I understand it might take 2 to 4 months for processing. So you won't know for awhile. Do Developers rebuy if contract price is to low, (say less than 25% of their 90 min time wasting price)

I am a Wyndham owner, both resale and developer purchases. It has been some time since I last bought a property, but I read my contract thoroughly, and saw no language giving Wyndham( then Fairfield) the right of first refusal. I just spoke with the Wyndham Owner Relations Department, and they assured me that Wyndham does not want or have a right of first refusal relative to a resale property. I have heard that Marriott has such language in their contracts. Hope this helps. Stan.

stanleyf5

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.