Royal Palm Club at the RIU Palace Aruba

The new Riu, old Royal Palm club

Aug 03, 2008

Well, we just finished our month-long stay at this fantastic new hotel. The first week just the two of us in a great junior suite, the next 3 in our timeshare. The management is bringing the timeshare units up to their high quality of the hotel and we were quiet surprised in the difference we found from our Oct '07 stay. Richard is doing very well with getting them back to what we expected and Jelishka Giel is most helpful. The alcohol in room mini bar is no longer available to timeshare owners, but the all inclusive includes drinks everywhere else on the property. We bought the AI at $350/person,/week and believe we got more than a good value. We'll be back for 2 weeks in September '08.

Charles C.
Sep 13, 2008

Do you know when they might do upgrades on the units? I plan to rent my unit.

Thank you for the update on the timeshare resort!

Constance R.
Feb 16, 2012

nice place but the timeshare unit is totally outdated and needs a upgrade

Ursula C.
May 01, 2012

Hi, Could you tell me if the units were clean, comfortable etc. I understand they do not hold a candle to the actual hotel rooms, but I can't seem to find any pictures of the units and I am interested in buying one. thank you, Cathy

Catherine W.

Last edited by catherinew114 on May 01, 2012 11:54 AM

May 01, 2012

They are a nice size. Our unit had TWO bathroom/bath/showers. Bedroom is also large. The only drawback is the furniture, wicker in the living room, otherwise ok. I would rent there again.

Ursula C.
May 02, 2012

Thank you for the information!! Cathy

Catherine W.
Jan 20, 2013

Hi Cathy,

I rented a 2bedroom 2 bath unit on the beach this past December 2012 and found it to be just ok. The furniture is updated but uncomfortable and the unit needed some repairs here and there. The location of the unit can't be beat but we spent very little time in the unit because it was so sparsely furnished and cavernous (no carpet anywhere). It was 10 ft. ceilings so any sound is echoed and feels like you are in any empty home. If you are still interested, I have some pictures I can send to you. My email is mjy101@msn.com.

Marsha Y.
Mar 27, 2019

I am exchanging to the Royal Palm Club and am concerned because all I can find is bad reviews about the condition of the room. Can anyone give me an update or send pictures to keenkelm@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Deborah J.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.