Dec 07, 2008

A very interesting announcement in the latest edition of "Lifetimes" the OLCC newsletter:-

"Orange Lake Resorts has entered into a strategic alliance with the Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG) to form Holiday Inn Club Vacations (HCV). This agreement will ultimately position Orange Lake as the premier vacation ownership destination for the Holiday inn Brand, one of the most recognised and trusted hospitality brands in the world.

While our Global access programme and sister resorts will be rebranded beginning December 2008, Orange Lake will remain independently owned and operated by the Wilson family. Your ownership will not change. If you are currently a member of Global Acess, you will be automatically enrolled into the Holiday inn Club. "

Intersting. Has Global access bombed? was the take up poor? What will this alliance do for us OLCC owners I wonder?

Alan A.
Dec 17, 2008

No Global Access has been very successful. They wanted to add more options to compete with other timeshare brands that also give their owners the options to use hotels too.

Marty W.
Jan 04, 2010

Marty, Be careful They(OLCC) did the same thing 10 years ago with a "Wilson Travel Club" I got sucked in. Wilson Travel went belly up. Can't even google them anymore they are so far gone. -George

George S.
Mar 12, 2012

The cheapest way to get into the holidayinn club point system with resale weeks

In my experience as an owner at the resort me and my wife has learnt a thing or two about beating the system.. And we befriended one of the employees there to get more insight on what's going on. The result is we discover how to increase our point to VIP levels at a fraction of the cost not to mention we learnt how to bring in any resale into the vacation point system which is really worth wild.. Anyways we dont mind sharing this information for free. Just as long as you promise to share with others..

Ian D.

Last edited by marty8084 on Mar 17, 2012 04:57 PM

Mar 25, 2012

jan128...Hi, I have been an owner at Orange Lake since 1989 and love it. I am interested in learning what you know about increasing your points to VIP, and bringing in resales to the vacation points. We are in the West Village, and may be thinking about upgrading later.

Aj V.
Jun 17, 2012

Hi Marty I live in the UK and have two fixed weeks at OL that we cannot really get to anymore and have difficulty renting out. Please will you share some valued internal advise as to how I can manage my difficult situation? Thanks Howard

Howard J.
Sep 08, 2012

ian126 wrote:

In my experience as an owner at the resort me and my wife has learnt a thing or two about beating the system.. And we befriended one of the employees there to get more insight on what's going on. The result is we discover how to increase our point to VIP levels at a fraction of the cost not to mention we learnt how to bring in any resale into the vacation point system which is really worth wild.. Anyways we dont mind sharing this information for free. Just as long as you promise to share with others..

Tell me more, I am interested in what you learned? Marv

Marvin S.
May 22, 2013

Hi There can you please tell me more. We have owned at OLCC since 1992 and now have difficulty exchanging our week. We own a week and are not in the points system. Thanks Deb

Deb S.
Dec 27, 2013

"Learnt" some English. It night be worth wild!

ian126 wrote:

DOOR COUNTY SNOWBIRDS
Jan 19, 2014

Does anyone have advise on letting OLCC rent their week for them? I supect the fee is rather high and they may only rent 3 days. The return may not even cover the maintance fees?

Kevin F.
Jan 20, 2014

I would like more information about your ventures with OLCC. I would like to increase my point value to VIP status also.

Thanks

ian126 wrote:

Aj V.

Last edited by ajv3 on Jan 20, 2014 02:32 PM

May 08, 2015

Can you please send details

Joe B.
Dec 13, 2015

Hi, I recently bought a unit on the secondary market and Holiday Inn Club Vacations deemed it "non-club ownership". I would be greatful in getting information of how to get this and more units added to my Club account.

Roger G.
Feb 28, 2016

I upgraded a unit from Holiday club, Gatlingburg and transferred it to Orange Lake, at the same time I had them include a non-member unit I purchased on the open market. Results was an upgrade to Preferred status. You can do this when you visit Orange Lake and take the owner tour. Don't show your interested in doing this, they will only suggest it as a last option. Be prepared to say no, and check out what the units are going for by checking the deeds being recorded.

rogerg112 wrote:
Hi, I recently bought a unit on the secondary market and Holiday Inn Club Vacations deemed it "non-club ownership". I would be greatful in getting information of how to get this and more units added to my Club account.

Daniel R.
Feb 29, 2016

Thanks Daniel, I ended up emailing HICV. They sold me a conversion allowing me to bring in 2 non-membership units into the club. I managed to do this conversion just in time. As of February I, these conversions are not offered any more.

Roger G.
Feb 29, 2016

Hi Will you still have to go through RCI to exchange your week? Thanks, Deb

Deb S.
Mar 01, 2016

All my units will be in HICV, so I can exchange in HICV or with RCI. I got into HICV so I wouldn't be forced to exchange with RCI. I don't like the change in their policies over the years. RCI has made it much more difficult to get to go anywhere good. It seems if you're not going to Florida there aren't many good places available.

Roger G.
Mar 02, 2016

Thank you for this information. Deb

Deb S.
Aug 07, 2016

Hello All, I bought a resale fixed week at Orange Lake CC a few years back from a private seller. I just went there in July 2016 and attended an 'owners update' aka 'sales pitch to sell me another unit', which i inquired on converting my fixed week to points, so that i could use the points (159,000 pts) at any of Holiday Inn resorts/hotels without using RCI. They were able to do this for a cost of $6,000 plus some fees, total came to around $7,000. I thought this was high, so i passed on the offer.

David W.
Aug 07, 2016

I had bought 2 weeks on the secondary market and wanted to add them to my HIVC membership account. I bought a conversion from HIVC to add them. I paid $5000 plus closing costs, totalling about $5700. I was told at that time they were not doing conversions any more. I considered a bargain because the 2 weeks I added were over 500,000 points and took me from Premier to Elite level. If you are still considering getting into HIVC make sure you can add to weeks to your portfolio. I got incredible deals on the 2 weeks I bought on the secondary market.

Roger G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.